Performance hit after 2.5.6 43931

Ducksen

Wish ED would fix this already. It's such a shame that this month of free modules was ruined by unplayable performance in VR. I was really looking to sink my teeth into the JF-17 to see if it was something I wanted to buy but I can't play it...

I feel you, i wanted to test out alot of the modules, and even though i just bought a new monitor, i just can't play dcs on a monitor after the VR experience. Hope this will get fixed before supercarrier comes out!

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I have tested out a heap of modules in VR with the free month still on and was happy with some of them until you try a mission with AI in them, I then get very bad VR performance, the FW190A airfield attack in Normandy was the worst at around 12 fps.

At this stage I wont be buying any of the modules I don't have, the Super Carrier is my last purchase (already pre purchased) as the VR performance in DCS has slowly died a death over the last 6 months to a year with me having to drop my settings to a very low set just to get 40fps with ASW on, moving to a monitor setup is really not an option as VR is the only way to play this game

I will stick with what I have now, suffer through 40-20 fps with those planes and start purchasing again, once VR performance comes back up.

My specs are Rift-S, i7 6700k, OC to 4635Mhz, 1080p 32GB, i know its not the best but DCS has played well in VR on this rig up until 1 year ago, where nearly every update this last 12 months has killed VR for me.

Are we not getting updates anymore maybe cause of COVID 19 or something? Seems like ages since we had one, and like others I am not flying DCS any more because of bad VR performance. Don't want to revert back either cause there was one update/install somewhere recently that corrupted everything and I had to reinstall (which as always means remapping axis controls!). Any ideas when we'll get an update?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I have tested out a heap of modules in VR with the free month still on and was happy with some of them until you try a mission with AI in them, I then get very bad VR performance, the FW190A airfield attack in Normandy was the worst at around 12 fps.

At this stage I wont be buying any of the modules I don't have, the Super Carrier is my last purchase (already pre purchased) as the VR performance in DCS has slowly died a death over the last 6 months to a year with me having to drop my settings to a very low set just to get 40fps with ASW on, moving to a monitor setup is really not an option as VR is the only way to play this game

I will stick with what I have now, suffer through 40-20 fps with those planes and start purchasing again, once VR performance comes back up.

My specs are Rift-S, i7 6700k, OC to 4635Mhz, 1080p 32GB, i know its not the best but DCS has played well in VR on this rig up until 1 year ago, where nearly every update this last 12 months has killed VR for me.

Yep , i have had an identical experience , even before 2.56 .

Are we not getting updates anymore maybe cause of COVID 19 or something? Seems like ages since we had one, and like others I am not flying DCS any more because of bad VR performance. Don't want to revert back either cause there was one update/install somewhere recently that corrupted everything and I had to reinstall (which as always means remapping axis controls!). Any ideas when we'll get an update?

Yeah , spending more time on the forums because i can't fly . Finally reverted to stable after 2+ months of waiting , and broke Vaicom - again ! The hell with it . I'll wait for the new pc build & try again .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Is this online you last few posters see this problem or in single player?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I'm deciding to pack VR up as well for now. Its always one step forward then two steps back. Might as well wait till DCS and VR are a little further along.

I was kinda getting bored, of being locked out (due to performance issues) of so many of the SP missions anyway.

I kinda just want to wait until it is actually ready and then fire up some of those Normandy missions! I do know it is going to be epic... eventually!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

ED seems to be aware of that. Nothing more then waiting for a fix.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

i'm having BIG issues too in vr...

with my hardware i'd expect high fps, most of the time the 40fps my rift s can handle...

with last patch my usual fps are 20.

and the strange thing are that i have 20 fps with ANY graphic settings.

yesterday i tried the same mission, going to low, high, vr, and my custom graphic settings (which are most of high with low terrain, medium vis range) having 20fps, any condition.

i tried to sort it out, i understood it could be 2 things in my case:

- persian gulf map

- smoke (or cloud coverage) in the scene.

Persian Gulf map, specially with F14, are an fps eater. bombing in the middle of the desert, with 2 tomcat and few ground target make me hit 12-14 fps, WITHOUT mirrors.

In other Maps, and other aircrafts, my issues are smokes. In another mission with f18, i had 40fps until ground mates throw a smoke grenade to make the target visible. That case, 20fps.

Then i took down the BTR, its smoke, 20fps.

As soon as the smoke wasn't visible any more, 40fps.

My chimney smoke density settings are 0.

There's a way to solve this smoke fps problem?

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

Anyone eles getting better fps id only when i am away from any airports but in the city it gets the same as in the country but at the air ports it goes to shit in fps. When im at the airport it goes bad fps but what stinks is my gpu just goes to 20 percent load when im in the county it goes to 50to 80 percent load and it deferent in defferent planes.

I flew last night for the first time in a few weeks and it seemed slightly better but nowhere near where it was before 2.5.6. THe'res probably a few things going on because my single player performance is as good as it has always been. It's only in (some) multiplayer servers where it's sometimes unplayable.

I always used to brag to friends who fly P3D or X-Plane about how in DCS performance wasn't something I even had to think about anymore. I guess I jinxed all of us :(

Something is crazy messed up though - I even get terrible stutters in DCS's menu!