How do I AGM-65F slew from WPDSG?

Rom_un

Ver Open Beta: 2.5.3.24984

When using WPDSG in A/G mode, AGM-65F can not slew and stay on the waypoint.

1. Starting in air with 2*AIM-9X, 2*AIM-120C, 4*AGM-65F

2. I select waypoint 1 (type fly above) and adjust scale

3. I press WPDSG

4. I select A/G mode (note 4. can be done before 2. and 3., same behavior)

5. Sensor control switch Right to select RDDI

6. While pressing TDC, trying to slew the MAV sensor and it don't move

Cage/Uncage did nothing

[EDIT with below contributions: undesignate/NWS button on HOTAS will disable WPDSG, the MAV sensor keep the position, and we can slew it while pressing TDC]

7. At 00:37 Pressing the TDC will move the Target mark and MAV sensor with plane attitude ( fixed in HUD)

8. At 00:39 Releasing the TDC, the target mark and sensor go back to original position

9. At 00:58 Sensor control switch AFT to select HUD

10. I can slew the target mark and the MAV sensor folow. The sensor lock on the target and I can shoot.

Note: Without WPDSG activated, TDC press while slew + cage to center of HUB force to keep the target inside HUD. Moving the WPDSG target on HUD while looking sensor screen is more easy.

I know its WIP, but WPDSG was working with AGM-65G version.

I'm really impress by the overal stability of the releases, especially on radar modes; keep on good work !!

FA18C_AGM65F_WPDSG.trk

Edited by Rom_un
Corrected behavior

It works because the MAV sensor keep his last position

But un-designate the TGT and go back to waypoint is not on HOTAS, and it's not user-friendly. Especially if you need multiple launch in one pass.

Thanks for the reply

Undesignate is a HOTAS button afaik.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

We are talking about un-designate the TGT by pressing the OSB WPDSG on the HSI.

Can you explain how you do this with HOTAS ?

Simply use the undesignate button on your HOTAS, which is the same as the NWS button.

Edited by Rescue

Program the hotas using it's software or in game to link a button to the OSB? I've got lots of OSBs as button on my joystick.

Nooooo...

The NWS Button toggles NWS with gear down or undesignate targets while gear up.

If you select WPDSG via OSB and it's the wrong WP /Target you can hit NWS button and the target is not longer designated.

Look in your controls. There is a HOTAS command "undesignate/NWS", or something like it.

It is the same button you toggle NWS / NWS HI on the Ground.

Sure, you can multimap OSB Buttons on your HOTAS but in this case I would simply use the button that is already there.:smilewink:

Edited by Rescue

First flight with the F:

Designated with WPDSG yet the seeker drifts. Undesgnated with NWS and re-caged.

Uncaged again with boresight near some target. Ground stabilized. Slew disabled. Needed to press lock target AND slew at the same time. Slew was crazily wild.

Caged the seeker, lined up a target with boresight until the target was inside the seeker's crosshair (must be very precise and within 6 miles.) Uncage, get the lock indication, Rifle!. Next MavF online, seeker near (or on) previously locked target but NOT locked, not stabilized. FOV is automatically reset to wide zoom. Selected FOV to narrow again. Move boresight to next target (Very difficult to do unless very steady.) Uncage, get lock indication, Rifle again!. Rinse, repeat.

Today, while trying again, I got no cursor slew at all. ONLY got boresight method as above.

I had played with the cursor slew mapping (TM Warthog) on my nipple cursor/target lock on the throttle. I probably screwed up the mapping somehow.

Still, the boresight method works providing you get the WHT HOT target directly into the tiny space of the cross hairs. If the lock is slightly off in the DDI crosshairs, undesignate, re-acquire, and re-designate. Then Rifle.

Obviously, this is a bug. But... Yep... it's early access. I'm still happy with ED.

For those at ED that are listening, is there a way to get a warning if the autopilot disengages on its own? Secondly, your aileron trim ONLY works by key input. It will not reset if manually trimmed. FCS reset does not work. TO Trim does not reset either (Didn't try with WOW.)

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Thanks, Trev. Just to be sure, the only way to use the F is with the boresight method I was using?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Yes,, the F needs more work, you will just get frustrated at its current state,, all to be improved!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I personally have just been using the move the Mav gate with the aircraft while its bore sighted, couldn't get much else to work to be honest

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• ED Team
Not really. If I understand you correctly, you're leaving the seeker caged and pushing the aircraft around until you get a lock. That's as difficult (and more dangerous because you could CFIT) as uncaging the seeker and getting a lock. Last night on the 104th server I was servicing targets and abandoned the F for the E and just let the JTAC do my pointing for me.

I think at moment with the WIP 65F:

- The tracker gate is too small and too sensitive.

- You have to fly about 4 miles too close to get a lock

- The slew rate is very difficult to get to be friends with

- The slew rate is either sticking so it's not doing anything or isn't enough to comepnsate for the snowplow from the rate of the aircraft at the close FOV.

So, WIP it good, ED.

Slew rate is WIP for sure, everything else is pretty much where it should be. Obviously improved IR graphics will help everything as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 year later...