MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

Prowler says so.

Exactly, we planned to release this aircraft by 2018, and in fact all development goals were achieved BUT we decided to go further with art and also manuals, training missions etc, since this is going out as a complete module.

I'd assume complete means all systems are working. Can't wait for the Farmer if that's true.

Guys I have cleaned this thread. Please keep on topic.

If you have any concerns over the voiceover please approach Baltic Dragon, but may I suggest you provide helpful feedback with volume rather than simply attacking a Russian actor for speaking Russian!

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Looks really good, but please make sure that subtitles come readable. The accent is on point here, i have yet to see someone complaining C-101 tutorial for being entirely voiced in spanish, or L-39 in russian, so this complains here are really redundant, as Rudel said before not all of us here are born in english speaking countries, so sometimes we just have the subtitles for when we cannot understand the full sentences.

How's the manual progressing? Do you need some help with the proofreading?

Looks really good, but please make sure that subtitles come readable. The accent is on point here, i have yet to see someone complaining C-101 tutorial for being entirely voiced in spanish, or L-39 in russian, so this complains here are really redundant, as Rudel said before not all of us here are born in english speaking countries, so sometimes we just have the subtitles for when we cannot understand the full sentences.

There were such complaints on the language, actually, because the voice was Russian when English locale settings were set (for the L-39), which makes no sense. In the MiG-19 it is coherent with the user settings.

Regarding the 4K issue mentioned several times, and from what I see on the video, the subtitles are shown in the usual log window, so they'll be at whatever resolution you are using with your monitor when running the training mission. It's just a temporary issue with Youtube, but we'll all be able to read them in DCS :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Englishmen really, russian language on you. Enjoy the subtitles like whole of the world mostly in foreign language. Stop whining.

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Complaining about complaining about the voice over isn't helping the thread stay on topic either. Let this be the last time someone complains about complaining about complaining. :)

Thank you for letting us have training videos before the release. If a full cold start and any weapon employment vids are on the way then I'm excited!

Mad-MM I don't know if it's just a simple light but this is what's been said before about Sirena anyway:

The MiG-19P RWR, when mounted, it is only rear aspect and only warns when a radar is locked on you. It does not provide any other info.

Search radars are not detected.

I'd assume it's just a light if it 'does not provide any other info'.

I'd assume it's just a light if it 'does not provide any other info'.

Yes, that is correct. I am not sure if there was a sound warning to go with it.

The RWR panel is actually a switch and two lights, one to indicate that it is working and the other to indicate a locked threat.

It is not mounted by default. You have to select it in the ME.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I haven't watched it yet (will shortly) but I saw in the Italian section an early access gameplay video that went to YouTube a few minutes ago.

H69qkjtX4og

Edit: Watched the video now.

Great to hear the release is still for this month, and still a mostly complete state! The cockpit has come far since the first WIP pictures so I'm excited to see what the new textures coming shortly after launch look like.

Edited by Birko

Yes cockpit textures will have some more love according to Zeuss !! And if the interior textures reach the incredible level of realism than the exterior...well gentlemen...we'll have some serious fun with that bird !

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I will buy after i see the final cockpit textures. The external model looks beautiful but the office doesnt cut it for me now. And since i will be spending most of my time there it has to be perfect.

So please make the textures the same high quality you would expect looking at the outside ones.

g8PjVMw.png

Excellent video.

I'm quite disappointed by the rockets effectiveness, that will be hard to find other jobs than interception with that aircraft.

So final cockpit textures will be released afterwards, yeah ok why not. But I still will wait to see the final product before opening my wallet anyway.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Excellent video.

I'm quite disappointed by the rockets effectiveness

Those 57mm were initially designed as air-to-air weapon.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

B-52 vs unguided rockets? :D

Tried that with MiG-21. Hysterically fun.

B-36 and B-47 were still mainstream then. RB-66 was shot down exactly with S-5 rockets in 1964.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Yes, that true, S-5 were created in first place for A-A fight (variant with fragmentation warhead). During trials of early jets, Soviets realize (and not only them) that in some cases cannons, even those with quite big caliber, can be inefective against big aircrafts. In early 50's effective A-A guided missiles didn't exist so FFAR's were seen as a kind of solution for cannon's weakness problem. This is reason why MiG-19 had those small pylons for ORO-8 launchers only, if cannons are not working, have to shoot down target with salvo of FFAR's. Main weapon for first serial MiG-21 variant were doubled ORO launchers called UB-16. Last aircraft in Soviet inventory with FFAR's launchers as a A-A weapon was MiG-23, he had lot of external stores variants when guided missiles were mixed with FFAR's. Btw, S-5 wasn't so weak like in DCS, S-5K anti-armour variant was able knock out T-55 like tank, was able pierce about 150 mm of steel, modernized S-5K1 about 170 mm of steel. Arab or Indian Su-7's destroyed many armours with those rockets.

Yes, that true, S-5 were created in first place for A-A fight (variant with fragmentation warhead). During trials of early jets, Soviets realize (and not only them) that in some cases cannons, even those with quite big caliber, can be inefective against big aircrafts. In early 50's effective A-A guided missiles didn't exist so FFAR's were seen as a kind of solution for cannon's weakness problem. This is reason why MiG-19 had those small pylons for ORO-8 launchers only, if cannons are not working, have to shoot down target with salvo of FFAR's. Main weapon for first serial MiG-21 variant were doubled ORO launchers called UB-16. Last aircraft in Soviet inventory with FFAR's launchers as a A-A weapon was MiG-23, he had lot of external stores variants when guided missiles were mixed with FFAR's. Btw, S-5 wasn't so weak like in DCS, S-5K anti-armour variant was able knock out T-55 like tank, was able pierce about 150 mm of steel, modernized S-5K1 about 170 mm of steel. Arab or Indian Su-7's destroyed many armours with those rockets.

Thanks for the info, very useful!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png