Integrated Air Defense Script

Grimes

Not with the old script. One of the reasons I am updating it is for sams to be aware of relevant munitions like the SCUD, cruise missiles, TALD, and ARMs.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

Hello Grimes

I enjoy this script for the sam behaviour.

Meanwhile, got a script error ( only in MP ) with one of our mission. It happens after the SAM lock on the SEAD flight, i think when the SAM fired first missile.

Cannot explain why, cannot have the log of the erreor script, DCS crash and should have a hard quit.

Tested your script attached to the mission test, and works fine in MP.

Here's a pic of the error, if you have time to explain it. I can share the mission too.

Thanks for the help

20190314_143253_resized.thumb.jpg.d538116d011cf68de4ff394d8f55d394.jpg

• 5 months later...
Yup, IADScript works great with Hornet and HARMs. It is ultra cool righ now :) - anyone can try simple mission: https://ufile.io/ijvn3 ( Singleplayer mission, hot spawn, 1 wingman, total 8x HARMs VS 3xSA-3 + 1xSA-2 + 2x Tunguska + 1x SA-11 + 1x EWR + our lovely IADS script). At IADSlevel=4 the IADS tries to get you as close as possible and trap you with everything it has :D:joystick:

Hey brother, can you repost a new link, that one expired, I'd like to test it out as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 1 month later...
Not with the old script. One of the reasons I am updating it is for sams to be aware of relevant munitions like the SCUD, cruise missiles, TALD, and ARMs.

Looking forward to that, what kind of "self protection behavior" ideas were you thinking as far as when ARMs are in play?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me with my scripting:

I have seperate EWR in lone groups starting with groupname "sam"

I have no AAA and no mixed sam types in groups also starting with groupname "sam"

i load mist first,

load iads script file next,

then i run these two scripts:

1st:

do

iads.addallbyprefix('sam',{link={'main'}})

end

2nd:

do

local iads_settings = {['linked'] = 'coalition', ['level'] = 4, ['radarSim'] = true, ['timeDelay'] = timer.getTime() + 5, }

end

But there seems to be no different reaction to the sam units with these as without. Same behavior. Can anyone help out? Thanks.

Integrated Airdefenses training 1.miz

Edited by cauldron

Syntax matters. The function is in "camel case" not all lower case.

do

iads.addAllByPrefix('sam',{link={'main'}})

end

Also your call for changing the settings there won't do anything. Just set the values to whatever you want them to be in the iads lua file directly.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

I have a quick question about this script. I want to create a senario for my unit where I can set a centralized building as the command and control center for a region of SAM sites. Would it be possible to use this script and then, after that building is destroyed, revert them back to their default DCS behavior? In effect, this would make the SAM sites go back to local control, thus making it a high priority target.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a quick question about this script. I want to create a senario for my unit where I can set a centralized building as the command and control center for a region of SAM sites. Would it be possible to use this script and then, after that building is destroyed, revert them back to their default DCS behavior? In effect, this would make the SAM sites go back to local control, thus making it a high priority target.

Check out the IADS script I have been working on, it supports command centers, connection nodes and even power supplies:

http:// https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264586

Edited by tigair

• 2 months later...

SA-2 Issue

Updated it to add Rapier and SA-2 to the database. Also set debugging to false and removed a bunch of debugging messages. Shouldn't need to modify mission scripting anymore. I left that in by accident last time I guess. File is in the first post.

Note this is the old version of the script. The version on my github is way out of date, so don't use that. Somewhat on the fence with actually publishing any WIP changes I make to the script there because its not exactly in a functional state at the moment.

I've been working on a refactor of the code, but it is still a bit of a mess. Trying to account for warehouses, adding new logic, ability to track missiles so it can react to TALDs or self defense, and other stuff is a PITA.

Hey Grimes,

Love the work, makes the game that much better. Ran into a small issue with the addition of the Rapier and SA-2. Have tested this numerous time to confirm the suspicion, but when the SA-2 goes to search after a dark phase, the track radar won't engage targets that are within range. If you don't enable to script for that unit, all works as intended. Any way one can verify this isn't a isolated incident ?

• 3 years later...

Thans @Grimes for the script.

I'am trying to set it up in a mission. I'd like to verify my understanding: the default level is 3 for "3. Basic randomization + enemy position based randomization". Am I right?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,