General Idea of a release date?

brettt777

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this on the steam store. Really hoping that the release date shown is wrong :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/411893/DCS_F14_by_Heatblur_Simulations/

Well Winter 2019 could mean a number of things but I’m guessing it means early 2019 which fits exactly with what HB have said is a posssibility. But also would it be the end of the world if it did come out after new year? It should be released when it’s done not rushed out to meet a deadline and I want the HB guys to be able to enjoy their own Christmas period as well.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It should be released when it’s done not rushed out to meet a deadline and I want the HB guys to be able to enjoy their own Christmas period as well.

I'm hoping everyone gets a couple of nice days off around the vacation period as well.

But does it even matter if something is a bit rushed out? Did that not happen with the Hornet - the fans kept asking for it so ED felt obliged? We are already giving a fair bit of rope to developers in the DCS ecosystem.

The fans get their hands on it for a first taste. And anybody who wants to be a beta tester can be one. The rest can listen to first impressions and opinions so they can know beforehand what product quality they are getting and can decide the when.

As long as commitments are kept and jobs finished - is there any sense in losing one's marbles?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Ofc. it's wrong, they promised this winter. And from what we saw in trailer all 3D work is finished already. And everyone here also believes that Heatblur doesn't want to miss the F-14's first flight date, which was 21 december 1970, and use that day (or even earlier, the earlier the better ofc.) release the F-14 module that day.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Everyone keeps hyping December 21st, and while it's poetic as all hell it's also a terrible release date. Honestly, while December would be cool, it probably would be best to wait until January after the Russian Holiday is over, that way they can have ED help with module breaking bugs on their end, but also so they're not having to drop their own Christmas plans to fix the inevitable bugs.

Then they hopefully release before that, I mean all their forum thread show status of near completion, just as the trailer did

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Everyone keeps hyping December 21st, and while it's poetic as all hell it's also a terrible release date. Honestly, while December would be cool, it probably would be best to wait until January after the Russian Holiday is over, that way they can have ED help with module breaking bugs on their end, but also so they're not having to drop their own Christmas plans to fix the inevitable bugs.

I thought the same, releasing on 21st and then bug hunting over christmas? I wouldn't do that, except the module is finished and the only thing they are doing for the last months would be internal bug hunting, but i don't think so.

Then they hopefully release before that, I mean all their forum thread show status of near completion, just as the trailer did

1 Month ago, with their reveal video/stream they showed the F-14B with the F-14A cockpit because they had no finished F-14B cockpit....I think they still have a huge pile of work on their to do list just for the F-14B not speaking of the A model.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

They did state something along the lines of although they could not guarantee a release before Christmas it would make business sense if they could do so. I think HB will do their very best, but it may be a bit too much to get done in time?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

That's why Dec 7th is best. Both HB and ED can have holidays plus they'll have some time before that to fix the biggest issues. And, totally unimportanty that way I would be able to fly her this year. 21st would be too late since I won't be within range of any sim-capable rig from that weekend on for two weeks. I guess I'm not the only one visiting family for Hearth's Warming Eve around that time of the year... fsgrin.png

1 Month ago, with their reveal video/stream they showed the F-14B with the F-14A cockpit because they had no finished F-14B cockpit....I think they still have a huge pile of work on their to do list just for the F-14B not speaking of the A model.

You can see the B cockpit in the most recent trailer already twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

After the pre-order on Steam I got a 15 February date...

Steam always comes later?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Early December is not Winter yet, so no chance. I think it will be a very early 2019 release - end of January timeframe.

Negative Ghost Rider. ..my money is on early December 2018...have faith...

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Winter doesn't even start until the 21st of December, so no, it won't be early December.

The meteorological winter begins on 1 December 2018 and will end on 28 February 2019.

The astronomical winter begins on 21 December 2018 and ends on 20 March 2019.

So depends on their definition :thumbup:

Late December... bank it.... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The meteorological winter begins on 1 December 2018 and will end on 28 February 2019.

The astronomical winter begins on 21 December 2018 and ends on 20 March 2019.

So depends on their definition :thumbup:

I recall Nineline stating that autumn doesn't end until around 21st Dec so possibly they follow astronomical definition.

I feel it's strange since would think meteorology affects military aviation more than astronomy. Not certain. And it's always ED, apparently the year is already ending and we're still in the autumn for a good while! :pilotfly:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS