31 Dec 2017 Live Stream (Discussion)

Revelation

Question for Wags.

At 3:14 we get a clear view of the Dispenser/EMC panel.

Is it intentional that the rotary is:

a) labelled ALQ-126 whereas it is labelled EMC in the NATOPS manual?, and

b) that it is duplicated (the bottom instance does not exist in the NATOPS manual)?

tyl0Tzg.png

As already mentioned, it seems that this CM panel in the screenshot is now obsolete in connection with the DCS Hornet.

But there seems to have been three different types used in the Hornet - the one in the screenshot(which I have only seen in F-18A/B), the one you mentioned depicted in the NATOPS manual(without the bottom selector dial) used in both A/B and C/D and finally the "clean" one that I believe was introduced with Lot 18 in connection with the switch to ALE-47.

JJ

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the video, is the final version of the A/G gunsight?

f-18_ag_gun.jpg

I saw this in a documentary:

f-18_ag_gun.png

- 19:44

Edited by Thor_HUN

Core i5 7500, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, GTX1070 8GB, Logitech G940 - All modules and maps except : CE2 (never... 🙂 )

Thanks for the official response Wags

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3350852&postcount=26

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

This is insane. I grew up watching Hornets flying out of RAAF Williamtown and playing Flanker 1.5. To think that ED are now making it possible to fly such a high fidelity Hornet sim now is just incredible. Huge props to Matt and ED for making this a reality.

I noticed in one of the recordings that Wags mentioned that the HUD was in a "caged" mode and the total velocity vector wasn't showing true.

In what situation do hornet pilots cage the HUD so the velocity vector doesn't show true?

I noticed in one of the recordings that Wags mentioned that the HUD was in a "caged" mode and the total velocity vector wasn't showing true.

In what situation do hornet pilots cage the HUD so the velocity vector doesn't show true?

Normal flying. Typically you want in in uncaged when landing and taking off to help identify wind drift. You would also want to uncage it when dropping dumb bombs from altitude to give yourself a better setup prior to release.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Normal flying. Typically you want in in uncaged when landing and taking off to help identify wind drift. You would also want to uncage it when dropping dumb bombs from altitude to give yourself a better setup prior to release.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

We are getting GPS as well right? I know the INS is being worked on currently, but unless I am interpreting it wrong, the INS knob should be set to IFA after alignment if GPS in installed. This enables AINS mode. (NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000 Section 24.2.1.5 for those that want to read it)

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!