Issues jettisoning pylon tanks

BuzZoo

Hey there. Absolutely love this module and have already gotten many hours of joy out of it. If I want to do a bit of multirole I usually go with a loadout of 2xaim9, 4xbomb of some sort and a 275 centre fuel tank. It's fun to do an a2g run, drop the tank and go dogfight. However when I have experimented with pylon tank loadouts it seems buggy. I've tried 2xaim9 and 3x 275 tank for a bit of a fun "haul across the map and jettison to fight" loadout and it seems:

Firstly when I flick the pylon fuel switch alone they don't seem to work (I don't believe you need to flick pylon and centre at once right? Once pylon shows low external fuel you should be able to flick that off and flick on centre tank next?)

Secondly, and most importantly, they don't want to jettison unless I press the jettison all emergency button. The centreline tank jettisons fine as usual, but the pylon ones stay there regardless of which pylons I select.

Any input/advice?

Regarding the pylon tanks the left switch controls external fuel feeding in general and the right one pylon tank feeding so you need to have them both on for wing tanks to feed.

For jettisoning the pylon tanks I will check and get back to you. If I remember correctly you need to select the external stores jettison for them to go but it’s been a while so I will check later and get back to you.

There's a priority system in place that goes from the center pylon outwards. That means that if you want to only jettison your inboard stores after you've already jettisoned your center pylon, the center pylon will have to be switched back to the OFF position on the ARMT POSITION SELECT panel, before you can jettison the inboard ones. Later, if you want to jettison the outboard ones, the inboard and center pylons will have to be OFF, etc.

If the center pylon is still attached, you can of course jettison the inboard pylons straight away.

Also, if the center pylon is still attached and you've jettisoned the inboard stores already, you could leave the inboard pylons in the ON position and then jettison the center pylon, because of the priority circuitry.

However, if you wanted to jettison the outboard pylons instead, nothing would happen, because the trigger would still go to the inboard pylons.

Hope that makes some sense.

Regarding the pylon tanks the left switch controls external fuel feeding in general and the right one pylon tank feeding so you need to have them both on for wing tanks to feed.

For jettisoning the pylon tanks I will check and get back to you. If I remember correctly you need to select the external stores jettison for them to go but it’s been a while so I will check later and get back to you.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. So keep them both on until fuel low warning then that means all 3 external are done?

There's a priority system in place that goes from the center pylon outwards. That means that if you want to only jettison your inboard stores after you've already jettisoned your center pylon, the center pylon will have to be switched back to the OFF position on the ARMT POSITION SELECT panel, before you can jettison the inboard ones. Later, if you want to jettison the outboard ones, the inboard and center pylons will have to be OFF, etc.

If the center pylon is still attached, you can of course jettison the inboard pylons straight away.

Also, if the center pylon is still attached and you've jettisoned the inboard stores already, you could leave the inboard pylons in the ON position and then jettison the center pylon, because of the priority circuitry.

However, if you wanted to jettison the outboard pylons instead, nothing would happen, because the trigger would still go to the inboard pylons.

Ah righto. Thanks. I'll try it out with this in mind.

Ok, that works like a charm. Thanks!