Excessive AOA Vane movement on Ground

Bulldog_1

With the aircraft stopped and engines running, the AOA vane intermittently oscillates from 0 - 30 units. This can be observed visually externally, and from within the cockpit when looking at the AOA gage. Thinking back, I don't ever remember seeing the AOA vane move when the aircraft sat static. There is no mention of this phenomenon in the -1. I don't remember seeing this on the T-38 either, basically the same system. Minor issue though.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

No wind condition?

I'm thinking it would have to be a pretty strong wind to cause the movement I'm seeing. Maybe if the AOA vane was mounted vertically like a weather vane. I still have never seen this behavior on any aircraft I have worked. :prop:

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn: