VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

The brake lever isn't working.

Am I missing something ? Could anyone help me, please ?

Did you calibrate everything, including the brake lever axis?

Here's a howto (refer to pg. 4-5) - see attached.

Gunfighter + MCG Flash Reset Calibration Guide.pdf

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NJoy32 Family Controllers Configuration Utility User guide - V. 2.9

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T0vs47-U8GvOTXKy2wtEAPKHpEpMP5PL/view

The updated guide doesn't match what's available in the VKB software, is there a new release of VKBDevCfg that we can get? Would really like to be able to assign a pulse button to the mcg trigger.

Whatever i'm doing, the brake lever is useless, i can't use it

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

After FW update, is it necessary to default before calibration and press the Set button?

Steps: 1) Flash, 2) Reset to default, 3) Calibrate.

(The Set button is only used if you make changes to button assignments, etc; for these button changes to take effect, you need to click Set to apply them. Also, whenever you do that, you should save everything as a new profile as well)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Whatever i'm doing, the brake lever is useless, i can't use it

You might want to hop over to the official VKB support forum: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

(please look at this quide on how to request support: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The updated guide doesn't match what's available in the VKB software, is there a new release of VKBDevCfg that we can get? Would really like to be able to assign a pulse button to the mcg trigger.

VictorUs just confirmed that this is for a newer version of VKBdevCfg (v.0.84.90 - see screenshot attached), which is not out yet. The manual (v.2.9) hasn't been officially released yet, either. The current one on the FTP is the 2.8 release.

IMG_10022018_231659_0.thumb.png.f17f8c62b865d09b61fd3892c9813da8.png

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The latest DevCfg/firmware versions - considered Beta (but stable) is posted in an "Cloud" before go to Ftp.vkb.

Link for this new versions is posted in the first message of the thread "Ahead the locomotive" - by Alex Oz (VKB "wizard".

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

New features include in DevCfg - almost weekly, is described in this topic (require login - use from il2sturmovik.com):

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/970-programmirovanie-dzhojstikov-ot-vkb/page-31

Rrohde when will the tecs throttle be released?

Please use correct thread for that question (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199002). That question should be directed at VKB HQ (AeroGator or UIV).

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The latest DevCfg/firmware versions - considered Beta (but stable) is posted in an "Cloud" before go to Ftp.vkb.

Link for this new versions is posted in the first message of the thread "Ahead the locomotive" - by Alex Oz (VKB "wizard".

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

New features include in DevCfg - almost weekly, is described in this topic (require login - use from il2sturmovik.com):

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/970-programmirovanie-dzhojstikov-ot-vkb/page-31

This is the only thing really I do not care about with VKB, information seems vague at times and figuring out where to get what software and information wise for the sticks is quite daunting.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Question I have the black box that came with my rudder pedals will it work with all three the gf2, tecs and pedals? Or is there a newer one coming out that will support all three?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

In my Gunfighter MCG Pro package two cam profiles were included, the profile 10 was already mounted and there is profile 30 with a more pronounced centering. Shouldn`t there be three profiles included in the purchase or is it normal to have only two included?

I´m asking, because I prefer having centering for the stick, but the profile 30 is too much for my taste. When moving the stick in circles there is too much resistance in certain positions (hard to explain, the stick snaps into the center positions of x and y-axis in circular motion), which reduces the precision.

I think an intermediate profile 20 would be the right choice for me.

Is my package missing the profile 20 or is it possible to order it?

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Question I have the black box that came with my rudder pedals will it work with all three the gf2, tecs and pedals? Or is there a newer one coming out that will support all three?

Looking at my black box that came with the Gunfighter I can see four connectors. One is the USB connector, one is for the stick (Gunfighter), one is labeled for pedals and there is a third one labeled as "BUS". This should be the connector for the Throttle unit. So, you should be good to go with the existing black box, if it is the same as mine.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Relevant update:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=9860

GFP and MCG bumped back to March now.

Hi Guys,

VKB HQ shared their road map with me in terms of the current product lineup availability:

All stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for the Gunfighter Mk.I and Mk.II series have been pushed back to the end of March 2018.

The Gunfighter Mk.II Base Only product has been canceled and got replaced with a new combo called Gunfighter Mk. Base w/ TMW Adapter Kit.

All Gunfighter (Pro) Mk.II combos w/ MCG/MCG PRO or KG12 grip have been pushed back to the end of March 2018.

All Gunfighter Mk.II Extension Kits and TMW Adapter Kits have been pushed back to the end of March 2018.

All Gladiator Pro Mk.II combos w/ MCG/MCG PRO or KG12 grip have been pushed back to May 2018.

The release date for stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for the Black/Fat/Vintage Mamba and Gladiator Pro Mk.I series is currently unavailable (waiting on updates from VKB HQ).

The release date for the stand-alone MCG-TM grip is currently unavailable (waiting on updates from VKB HQ).

Those of you with pending pre-orders affected by these delays should have gotten emails to that effect.

Again, sorry about any inconvenience this may cause.

The new bundle with TMW adapter sounds relevant to me...plus the “W” cam, designed to compensate for the added weight of the TM Warthog grip for the pitch axis.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Relevant update:

GFP and MCG bumped back to March now.

This is getting ridiculous!

All I need is the dang MCG Pro grip for my VKB setup to be complete.

First was going to be January. ( course that is not even counting initially was going to be summer last year).

Then got pushed to Feb.

Now end of March.

I guess middle of March we will likely see yet another delay announcement.

My dang Gunfighter will be a year old and still never used.

Also already invested in an extended Monster Tech Mount for it as well.

I am definitely having regrets now, I probably should have known better...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In my Gunfighter MCG Pro package two cam profiles were included, the profile 10 was already mounted and there is profile 30 with a more pronounced centering. Shouldn`t there be three profiles included in the purchase or is it normal to have only two included?

I´m asking, because I prefer having centering for the stick, but the profile 30 is too much for my taste. When moving the stick in circles there is too much resistance in certain positions (hard to explain, the stick snaps into the center positions of x and y-axis in circular motion), which reduces the precision.

I think an intermediate profile 20 would be the right choice for me.

Is my package missing the profile 20 or is it possible to order it?

I just switched to the #30 cams and agree with you. I like the the definite centre, but something in between would probably be perfect.

Perhaps VKB could make some #20 cams a future optional purchase? It should be easy enough for them to make up.

• Like 1

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

I just switched to the #30 cams and agree with you. I like the the definite centre, but something in between would probably be perfect.

Perhaps VKB could make some #20 cams a future optional purchase? It should be easy enough for them to make up.

Add me to the list I would like to purchase a #20 cam (if made available). I think the current #10 is a little to light the #30 center detente is to aggressive.

• Like 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Same. I've recommended it in the past, and was told it's unlikely.
That's a shame. I'd like a set of 20's too. Was going to inquire but guess I don't have to now.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

This is getting ridiculous!

All I need is the dang MCG Pro grip for my VKB setup to be complete.

First was going to be January. ( course that is not even counting initially was going to be summer last year).

Then got pushed to Feb.

Now end of March.

I guess middle of March we will likely see yet another delay announcement.

My dang Gunfighter will be a year old and still never used.

Also already invested in an extended Monster Tech Mount for it as well.

I am definitely having regrets now, I probably should have known better...

I was ready to order the gunfighter pro after having issues with my warthog stick. Yesterday I found out about this delay which really sucks. All I need is the stick and base as I'll still use the warthog throttle. It's too bad, now I'm stuck with a half broken flight stick until thrustmaster sends me parts and I have to repair it myself..and the funny thing is I'm still under warranty and didn't even give me an option to send it in or do an advanced replacement like most other places.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz