Use TPod/DMT/Laser to designate targets for AI?

SierraFox

Lately I've been messing around with the mission editor setting up solo missions to learn the different aspects of the harrier and occasionally jump online every now and again. However i've wanted to make a mission with a bit of randomization with AI wingmen.

the player can either help attack the targets or act as an airborne FAC. Due to the way I'm wanting to set up the mission I don't think waypoints (search and engage) are really going to work.

is it possible to mark a particular unit, or group of units with any of the above methods and get the AI wingman to engage them? or will they just attack what ever is in the general area they are in?

Admittedly i have not don't much with AI wingman in any capacity outside of a few campaigns, is it possible to buddy lase for the AI, apparently the A-10c can for other A-10s, is this implemented for the harrier??

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you try the "Attack my target" command for wingmen via radio? It should put the AI wingman to attack the target you are aiming at that moment.

But if you want them to drop guided bombs to them and you to buddy laze them, I think you need to then use mission editor trigger for zone rule to use only laser guided bombs etc.

Maybe get a radio call to force use that and same time engage your buddy lazed target?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.