What are the details around these new data cartridges in the beta update? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
metzgerov

Default What are the details around these new data cartridges in the beta update?

Any more info on these and what they do?

This (nav setup) to me is the only thing that makes this jet not ready for multiplayer.
You can't get QFE or setup a flight plan easily so bombing especially is almost impossible outside single player.

Hope these updates solve this.
metzgerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
Kozality

I'd like to know as well. But that being said, it's totally possible to do all of those things in multiplayer.

Check out Videos 9 and 10 in xxJohnxx' excellent series. He shows you how to input your own waypoints and calculate QFE. It can all be done in game, and our flight does so regularly. I've yet to play much with the custom cartridge in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJSK...vzBugu-1UpkEPr

To make this easier, I highly recommend binding the data panel numbers to the number pad on your keyboard, and make the LS key something like ".". It makes it very easy any simple to enter information in on the fly, even in flight.

Hope this helps!
http://throughtheinferno.com/
Kozality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

Default What are the details around these new data cartridges in the beta update?

Yeah casual multiplayer flying is the exact issue I wanted to address with this (work-in-progress) feature.

You can, while stationary on the ground, load a generated data cartridge. The first one is the closest enemy vehicle. If the target is moving a predicted point will be set as target point. A similar estimate is done when loading a SKU-target. You can now also change the margin of the mission-time (default is a little more than 5 minutes) by a keycommand (default LCtrl+LShift+M and LCtrl+LAlt+M). Mission cartridges for your M and SKU reconnaissance targets will also be generated when you set master-mode to BER. To select a cartridge open Kneeboard (RShift+K) and scroll to Ground crew settings (“]” key) and then select the cartridge with LCtrl+LShift+C and LCtrl+LAlt+C. You will also see target data for the cartridge like QFE.

I want to add a little more features to this function, like accounting for terrain around the target.

Bugs will happen
RagnarDa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
metzgerov

Yes RagnarDa!

You are the man!

So let me get this straight:

1: We will get a auto-generated cartridge with the closest enemy vehicle(ship?)
-With WP's or just the target destination with QFE?

2: Cartridges with M and SKU targets- Not sure what this means. Can you explain what targets these would be in a multiplayer environment.
-Ones we manually entered?

This is a great step for better playability to the best Jet in DCS!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #5
metzgerov

Thanks Kozality! Good stuff.

Still clumsy but better than nothing.

See you on the 107th server! CS: Spectre
Old 08-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzgerov View Post
Yes RagnarDa!

You are the man!

So let me get this straight:

1: We will get a auto-generated cartridge with the closest enemy vehicle(ship?)
-With WP's or just the target destination with QFE?

2: Cartridges with M and SKU targets- Not sure what this means. Can you explain what targets these would be in a multiplayer environment.
-Ones we manually entered?

This is a great step for better playability to the best Jet in DCS!
Thanks!

1: Yes
2: M = MÅL - target is what I meant. You can read about reconnaissance in the manual (http://media.heatblur.se/AJS37_Manual_RC1.pdf) from page 363 onwards. You need to be on the ground and select master mode BER for the cartridges to be generated and selectable.

Bugs will happen
Old 08-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #7
metzgerov

Excellent!
Regarding the MÅL approach on the ground-

Is this something that will only work after gathering Recce data by flying in SPA mode?

Truly what I am looking for is "how can we use this. in multiplayer"
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #8
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

You can either use the already generated mission for the closest enemy unit or you can create a MÅL point by setting SPA-mode and RefLola and Out then inputting target coordinates, and then L/MÅL and a number on the _keypad_ (Not B1-B9). Then set master mode to BER and select the generated cartridge as described above.

Edit: _VIND/RUTA
MÅL_ not REFLOLA. Sorry!

Bugs will happen

Last edited by RagnarDa; 08-17-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
surstromming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDa View Post
You can either use the already generated mission for the closest enemy unit or you can create a MÅL point by setting SPA-mode and RefLola and Out then inputting target coordinates, and then L/MÅL and a number on the _keypad_ (Not B1-B9). Then set master mode to BER and select the generated cartridge as described above.
This is really really cool
Very good job!

Best regards,
M
surstromming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #10
Truthkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDa View Post
Beg your pardon RagnarDa, but I could not replicate your procedure.
According to the manual it seems input of target waypoint should be done with VIND/RUTA mode selected
Is that correct?

Last edited by Truthkeeper; 08-16-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Truthkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote