Tacview 1.4 on sale till November 8th: 50% off!

Vyrtuoz

If I buy a license for the professional version, will I get upgrades to the latest revision for free forever?

EDIT:

Ah, sorry. The purchase section faq answers this question

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/purchase/en/

And the part about rewritin bought me

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/documentation/future/

I like people who don't put up with cruft :)

Another noob question I had was: what about track compatibility? Does TV work with tracks from any DCS version? The documentation says Tv uses its own recording script. Really interesting. I've never used it and from what I see this was a stupid omission.

Edited by Bucic

If my memory serves me right, there is no limit to 3D models polygon count. Obviously, the more, the longer time it will take to load and to display the objects.

According to my tests, 4K polygons is perfect because it is very fast to display and you cannot really notice more details within Tacview.

I would say that 10K is the maximum reasonable number of polygons. You may start notice longer loading time and lower frame rate above on an average computer.

Vyrtuoz, is there a limit to the number of polygon 3D models as well as the size of the * .obj files?
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

There is a group purchase, for the Pro version, going on over at SimHQ. It closes Saturday and the thread is here.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4188748/TacView_Group_Buy#Post4188748

The large group price along with the current sale makes the Pro version a great deal.

A heads up for people in the group purchase at SimHQ:

Check the SimHQ PM thread for purchases.

If you paid through Paypal using the option "Pay for goods or services" you will probably have to check if Ice received the proper amount.

Hope it is ok I post this here.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I must say I'm trying the demo of Tacview and I find it wonderful and as soon as I clear the expenditure with the Minister of Finance (aka The Wife) I shall be picking this up. very valuable in helping me assess what I am doing right and wrong especially with SAM avoidance with the Su-25T which I am enjoying much much more than I thought I would.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
With online debriefing, any chance that the file can be automatically downloaded to the connected clients? Saves having to send large files through a third party service.

It works great with the shared Tacview files. A better feature would in my mind be to share the presentation to other clients even without them having the Tacview file at all.

@Ragnarok

The real-time flight analysis will be available in coming release of Tacview. I’m working on it right now...

@IASGATG

You do not have to load the exact same file on clients’ computers. Everyone can load its own version of the flight recording as long as it was taken during the same mission.

Now, like HiJack mentioned it, since it would take a huge amount of time to transfer such amount of data over the network to multiple clients, I’m leaning toward some kind of real-time streaming solution. And I have to complete my work on the real-time recording feature first...

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

The real-time flight analysis will be available in coming release of Tacview. I’m working on it right now...

Awesome news!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.