VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

FM frequency reset

Hi all,

Hope there's an easy fix for this.

I'm trying to communicate with a JTAC on the FM frequency 40.000.

I have notice a repeat problem I face every time.

If I communicate with the JTAC using F keys, I have no problem.

If I use the VAICOM voice commands the frequency is reset to the 30.000 default every time I speak my command and the command will not go through to the JTAC.

Thanks.

I have a weird issue:

When i call awacs, the software reckognize my command, but the game wont call the awacs.

Ive tested ground crew and tanker and that works, but not when using awacs.

I have to use the F-menu to be able to contact awacs.

Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

Hi all,

Hope there's an easy fix for this.

I'm trying to communicate with a JTAC on the FM frequency 40.000.

I have notice a repeat problem I face every time.

If I communicate with the JTAC using F keys, I have no problem.

If I use the VAICOM voice commands the frequency is reset to the 30.000 default every time I speak my command and the command will not go through to the JTAC.

Thanks.

If you have easy comms set in the game settings, try turning it off maybe

+++ Release update 2.5.4 +++

Hi Guys,

Good news! Plugin version 2.5.4 can now be downloaded from the website.

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Existing users: This update does not affect your license data or speech recognition profile.

Replace your existing VAICOMPRO.dll with the new one and restart VA.

You will be prompted to go through the FINISH steps to update your profile with new keywords.

In this version

- Fix for FA-18C Hornet comms device change 13

- Yak-52 support for Easy Communication ON and OFF

- New ATCs added for Persian Gulf map

- Keyword editor: imported F10 menu / ATC aliases can now be deleted

- Improved Options function

- COMM radio device swap for the Harrier

- For non-FC3 aircraft: Chatter now based on radio powered on

- Improved data interface with new lua code(auto-updates)

- Various bugfixes.

The lua code will update automatically. In case you experience issues: inspect the lua files

(page 33) making sure all pre-2.5.4 code blocks have been properly removed.

Happy flying!

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Not having a good experience with this latest 2.5.4 build so far.

I have cleared out all the pre 2.5.4 files and my saved game "script" files.

Currently i have VIACOM installed on my C: drive and DCS installed on D: drive.

Running in debug mode VIACOM recognises my DCS installation path and has auto installed all the required .lua files in the correct place. I have tried using the custom Path option in the configuration but makes no difference.

Haven't tried all my modules but most are not being recognised (displaying "Default", the Hornet and A-10C are both recognised, the AV-8B is also recognised but has only one radio available.

Another problem is that when i call up an airfield, even though VIACOM recognises my spoken command in the log and transmits correctly what i have just said, often its the nearest airfield to me that will answer ?.

Have attached some pictures, the modules that are being recognised have the game version displayed and MAN 22 or MAN 23 displayed on the configuration window.

I have also tried manually side loading the files but getting exactly the same results so i'm at a loss at the moment.

AV-8B.png.0ee17e3a00a7bf8c5a4dc3dd03a458c0.png

169962170_F5VIACOM.png.668b1f2f70b977ddce8d9d903ff09dec.png

443557764_InitialStartupLog.thumb.jpg.33069adbe46f993fe6b76ef4a42f31e5.jpg

A-10C.jpg.ff338951b8cff75fbd69fb7bbb8e6830.jpg

FA-18C.jpg.d02417d5280584cddd2a6a198d7e5037.jpg

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Hi Hollywood.

I have installed your latest version and seem to have it up and running. It recognises my F-18 and i can issue commands and get a response ok.

But i'm having a problem where it says "The keywords database has been updated: apply FINISH steps to update the va profile".

I've tried to follow the manual, and seen your introduction video also, but my Keywords Editor page is simply blank. See picture. Am i missing something or is there something wrong with my setup? The only button i can press on that page is the Start Keyword Training button. That simply starts the windows speech recogniton software.

Any ideas?

viacom.jpg.523e200169771cc091fd77bbede111c3.jpg

viacom3.thumb.jpg.9728b58c194041f9d29497cbb996105f.jpg

Hey Milli the log looks fine. From the screenshot it appears you are running a specific desktop theme (Windows 7?). If you reset to the default theme I expect things should be back to normal.

Yes, I am using Win 7. I've had to go out so I'll do as you say later. Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,

Milli

Hey Hollywood

Firstly I"d lake to say thanks for a really great and well thought-through app!! Many KUDOs to you.

I have been flying the Hog for many years and and just discovered that using VAICOM really reduces useless workload and increases immersion dramatically!

I am new to VAICOM and your new Menu-Independent interface to DCS. All is working great on my side so far but I cannot figure how to command to any of my Wingmen to "engage ground targets at my SPI, with <OPTIONAL WEAPON> and <OPTIONAL DIRECTION>". Is this possible with your current 2.5.4 keyword set?

I tried "D-Link Target(s)" with SPI Broadcast set to ON, but the Wingmen consistently respond with "Unable". May be a DCS Bug or I am using the command incorrectly....

Can you give me a tip please?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hey alien

Thanks, appreciated! The Engage command issued to your wingmen will use the SPI reference by default, so you do not have to specify this explicitly.

Of course you can add appendices like '..from the SouthEast with GBU's' etc. to be more specific.

If you go through the Reference Tables in the User Manual you'll see there's also additional stuff that you can deploy as separate tactical commands during your engagement such as 'Reference my SPI', 'Fence In' and ' Ray Target', etc.

Check it out and have fun.:pilotfly:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey Hollywood, I just updated and I have the same issue as Gunnergolly. I have cleaned DCS and rest the LUA files.

When in game using my usual test, Defend Camp Yankee, in the A10; the config screen remains on default and Easy Communication ON - despite it being off.

Switching the game to Easy Comms things all appear to work, although the APP still doesnt show that you are in the A10, it remains on (Default).

Edited by Sanatog

Had the same issue as Sanatog, indeed deleting the lua file and rebuilding solved the issue.

I also had the issue that the export script messed up my Helios export, so I modified the script as such:

local lfs=require('lfs');

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SRS\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\TacviewGameExport.lua')

-- VAICOM PRO server-side script

-- Export.lua (append)

-- version 2.5.4

-- do not edit next line:

-- 075CB672-F323-4995-B97D-AB363BAE61E4

dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\VAICOMPRO\\VAICOMPRO.export.lua')

Hey Milli the log looks fine. From the screenshot it appears you are running a specific desktop theme (Windows 7?). If you reset to the default theme I expect things should be back to normal.

That fixed the problem. Thanks.

• ED Team

@Hollywood_315 How do I update the keyword database? Neither the instructions in the user manual, nor the ones in the pop up window make any sense whatsoever. The former tells me to paste them into the "Keyword collections" but it's the name of the whole category, not of any command. The popup tells me to paste them into an AI communications command, but it's not there either. There's just a long list of individual keywords within a "keyword collections" category.

If you look at the bottom of the screen, you should find a button that combines all of the commands into a single line. The instructions will then make more sense.

Also, unless it has been fixed recently, when you paste all of the keywords into the field, you won't be able to see them, but they will still be there.

+++ Garmin NS340 notes +++

Thanks @greyman

@all A compatibility issue with the Garmin NS340 is solved in the latest plugin build 2.5.4 (180815-01):

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

If you have 2.5.4 already installed, clear you existing lua first before installing this new build.

With this fix you should no longer have plugin connection issues ('default') when you're using the Garmin NS340 module (thanks @Gunnergolly!).

However when you have the Garmin installed be aware that the NS340 can do some funny stuff with your radio assignments depending on the aircraft module and this may interfere with VAICOM functionality.

Interestingly enough this can be the case even when you have the aircraft module deselected in the DCS Special / NS430 options (notably with the Harrier, which loses COMM2).

Typically the Garmin adds a VHF FM (3) radio on slot 3 to your config, but this is then not the same device as your aircraft native FM radio.

So be aware of this. Disabling the Garmin module in the Module Manager resolves all issues in any case.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

My problem is with opening the configuration window. It looks like it's open if you hover on the voice attack menu bar icon but it shows completely white and no window is open on the desktop either. I tried reinstalling voice attack, which is version 1.7.2; reinstalled Vaicom Pro, which is the latest download and deleted the lua file but still no joy. Any ideas?

407819787_VaicomPro.thumb.jpg.8a9423bd83ce70085747148c2fe781d0.jpg