[REPORTED]Scenery Remove Objects Zone - Does Not Remove (Bug or WIP)? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #11
Captain Orso+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNTSAG View Post
Thank you for fixing this in the latest release. It now works in SP very well.....I haven't tried MP yet.
I wouldn't be so bold as to make that statement.

At least as far as trees are concerned, AI ground vehicles will not drive through areas cleared of trees, as if the trees were still present. Player controlled vehicles can drive through such areas, and there are no collisions.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
SUNTSAG

At the time of my post the issue I was concerned with was fixed i.e Placing objects in a remove scenery zone would make them appear on top of the removed object....... that no longer happens for me. Cheers
Old 06-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #13
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Still not working in multiplayer last time I checked...the server machine is the only one that sees the trees as removed.
feefifofum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #14
Captain Orso+
Posting Rights Suspended

I was only testing for SP, so I have no idea about MP.

First off, "trees" are NOT all the same, and I'm talking Caucasus map here. Most trees you can drive and shoot right through them. There are however some small trees which at least block movement. And these small trees are not removed through Scenery Remove Objects Zone.

Here's the screenshot of an area I cleared of trees. The trees used to connect the woods on this side of the stream (which you can just make out crossing the center of the screenshot going from left-to-right).

A couple of yards in front of the AAV-7 you see a post with a white can on top and just behind it across the stream you see another. These marked the edge of the trees, before they were removed. Between these two posts you can recognize three scorch marks from three explosion volumes I added to the targets used in the Scenery Remove Objects Zone commands to remove the trees, which I added for graphical effects. All those small trees you see anywhere near between the two posts were not removed by the Scenery Remove Objects Zone commands, and also are the only trees which block vehicles, both before and after the Scenery Remove Objects Zone commands.

Beyond this, AI vehicles with a path of waypoints passing between the two posts are ignored by AI. Instead AI leads the AI vehicles way off to the left, crosses the trees at some point and then return back down stream skirting along the right bank of the stream, although the AI ought to have simply crossed the cleared area and headed straight for the stream, even if it refuses to cross the stream here.

The debacle with stream crossing is for a matter for a different thread, but suffice to say, it's absolutely ridiculous and shameful that ED even released the way it is currently working, or to be more exact, not working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_180603_144130.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	744.4 KB
ID:	186420  

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw