Still no right click with touch controllers ?

lucky-hendrix

You guys are ridiculous, no need to argue for this.

We get it : each one of you has a preferred method of input, and believes that the other method is inferior.

But really it doesn't matter, we each have our preferences and we are all still able to use the method we like.

All I ask is : for ed to add the right click to both ( left and right) touch controller.

Some people will use this, some won't, but it is one more possible input method. And adding this must be very short for developers.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

You guys are ridiculous, no need to argue for this.

We get it : each one of you has a preferred method of input, and believes that the other method is inferior.

But really it doesn't matter, we each have our preferences and we are all still able to use the method we like.

All I ask is : for ed to add the right click to both ( left and right) touch controller.

Some people will use this, some won't, but it is one more possible input method. And adding this must be very short for developers.

I think we’ve all agreed that gloves are best. But as is usual with VR we have to wait but in the meantime it’s a question of the next best option.

I think we’ve all agreed that gloves are best. But as is usual with VR we have to wait but in the meantime it’s a question of the next best option.
The second best would be touch controllers, but not until they get fixed to have the right click.

Before what now we have I have gone trough all, from voice to head to finger to mouse to touchpad to trackball to eye tracking etc in DCS. Gloves just as is in other situation.

And best is gloves but touch comes second. And this is specially Oculus touch controllers and not Vive wands or Microsoft MR wands.

The touch controllers are just unsuitable only because we do not have a right click, as operating switches and dials just to one direction is no-go when you need to grab a mouse or use HOTAS binding to right click as extra.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The second best would be touch controllers, but not until they get fixed to have the right click.

I am guess you would like a right click for Touch...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Whether are not oculus touch is your preferred input method...

The left mouse click function in Touch is pretty useless if right mouse click doesn't work. If 9 out of 10 switches in my startup procedure require a left mouse click, and 1 one requires a right mouse click then I'm not going to use touch at all.

Whether are not oculus touch is your preferred input method...

The left mouse click function in Touch is pretty useless if right mouse click doesn't work. If 9 out of 10 switches in my startup procedure require a left mouse click, and 1 one requires a right mouse click then I'm not going to use touch at all.

That goes back to what I was saying about being able the right click by other means if you really want to use the Touch. But apparently workarounds aren't welcome.

That goes back to what I was saying about being able the right click by other means if you really want to use the Touch. But apparently workarounds aren't welcome.
It is already totally well known how to go around this flaw, but the thread ain't about how to do so, it is about request to get the right click fixed because modules requires a right click to fly!

And when ED already spent time like years ago to add virtual hands in cockpit but nothing operated them, then to finally get moved by touch controllers in VR space, only leaving the right click not implemented but did other secondary things like VR zoom or VR reset that wouldn't be a problem if requiring a workaround.

But they leaved right click away, after adding all other from mouse scroll to left click etc.

If we would talk about FC3 module alone, totally logical and acceptable as you don't need right click.... But we are talking about every other module that operate even a simple On/Off switch as requirement with left and right click as master arms to weapons selection and programming to gear and flaps leveler or radar operations.

So why to go all the work for 99% implementation but just leave one function out that renders everything almost useless and causes nothing but irritation and frustration to user as controllers are not possible be used?

This is not about "what we can do to use these" but "please fix these controllers".

We want a working controllers by adding that missing critical button, not a someone telling us the well known workarounds...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

We want a working controllers by adding that missing critical button, not a someone telling us the well known workarounds...

I look at these VR hands as mere placeholders waiting for gloves. Using controllers is ridiculously clumsy so I don't think ED should prioritise this stuff just yet. Just my opinion.

Edited by BigDuke6ixx

Better to implement fully, than broken....

It look at these VR hands as mere placeholders waiting for gloves. Using controllers is ridiculously clumsy so I don't think ED should prioritise this stuff just yet. Just my opinion.
The gloves are still couple years out at most, and at least coming at early next year or late this year. And those requires as well new dynamic hands modeling.

And it to requires a new dynamic function like in VR VTOL simulator where you can press and grab switches and buttons correctly.

--

• 3 weeks later...
Good news !

In the last patch it was implemented !

If you flip your hand 180° the 'laser' will turn blue, and now it right clicks !

You mean 180 degree as 9-3 clock position or 12-6 position?

I could see that if you turn the hand over 12'clock position on either hand it would be right click.

Need to try that soon... But good news!

You mean 180 degree as 9-3 clock position or 12-6 position?

I could see that if you turn the hand over 12'clock position on either hand it would be right click.

Need to try that soon... But good news!

Palm down is left click, palm up is right click

Palm down is left click, palm up is right click

On me it is that once the controller pass the 12'clock line it turns green/blue. No need to set palm up/down but just turn the controller grip little left or right to swap it.

But that ain't really the good feature. Left/Right click should still be so that once you rest your thumb on touch button (side of the X/Y and A/B buttons) that makes your virtual hand do a first, it would change from left click to right click.

That way it would be easy to operate all switches and buttons all around the cockpit instead just a front of you.

Not working for me after the update.

I have tried with the mouse de-activated also, but no change. Left click only and no change in the laser color when rotating the touch controller.

Are there any other settings needed to activate this feature?

Is it aircraft specific? I have only tried with the Spitfire and Harrier.

OK. All fixed. :thumbup:

Did a reset and DCS then asked for authorisation serials for the Nevada and Normandy maps. Dunno why!

Discovered that the thumbsticks on the controllers work for the rotary knobs and are perfect for setting trims and cockpit lights etc.

However, can't click on the Menus now; have to go back to the mouse for that.

Great update. It is almost like touching and activating things in the cockpit now.

This palm new is great. This should be easily implemented into the Leapmotion gestures.

There are no problems with hand tracking only sometimes if Leapmotion loses some fingers in visual range but in this case, there is no need to finger tracking.

Leapmotion as well doesn't have a problem with such gestures as palm up or palm down. Recognize it without problems so this could be left right mouse button or switch up/down.

Rotating palm CW or CCW could be the scroll and that's it. This is all you need for interacting with your plane cockpit and to have full immersion and forget about your keyboard.

Keyboard? What is that, are you put it in a sandwich?

The palm feature doesn't work.

The requirement is to be easily click left or right mouse clicks regardless what controller you use for pointing and on what panel.

Now if you need to adjust something on right panel, you can do left click well, but right click is very difficult if not impossible as your hand is on your hip and you need to rotate the palm upward. The same goes for the left panel with right hand and then vice versa.

The palm operation only works for the front panels.

We must get option to have A/B and X/Y buttons as left/right buttons so we can keep hand pointing naturally at any direction and just press with thumb the left/right as required without using trigger.

The trigger should be used for "grabbing" the knobs or other rotaries and then use larger controller motion for fine adjustment. Now it is like impossible to rotate ie. C-101 HSI heading knob in other steps than 2-3 degrees and operating the channels panels on right side is painful as right/left click doesn't work so easily.