DCS 2.5 and VR (Occulus Rift would be my choice)

Yeah, I tried it all and was underwhelmed by all the current VR solutions. I haven't deluded myself in thinking low resolution hashed pixelated tunnel vision is all that great.

4k screens blow VR out of the water.

It just your opinion.

For me VR was better choice.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I tried it all and was underwhelmed by all the current VR solutions. I haven't deluded myself in thinking low resolution hashed pixelated tunnel vision is all that great.

4k screens blow VR out of the water.

I find the exact opposite to be true. I would honestly never fly another second of DCS again if I had to fly on a monitor...I really do mean that. 2D flying is permanently ruined for me.

To each their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I don't have 4K, good screen @ 1440P 144Hz G-sync. I have only recently been using Tir and screen for some campaign missions and seeing what it's like again. Funny getting back using it, not having 1:1 tracking and looking sideways at the monitor took a little to get back to.

DCS does look great on my monitor, the reason is for the F/A-18 when learning, once that's done it will be all rift. Laps around the boat are going to be awesome in VR:thumbup:

Few more years and just that next level rez, no more monitors. The immersion is indescribable, we still need to balance it out today. Small easy missions in VR are cool or just flying around. The large hard missions, I've gone back to screen to practice for the coming F/A-18.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link