Supply/Warehousing Question

dooom

I am wondering if someone can explain how supply/warehousing works in 2.5

As I have never bothered to work with the system in previous versions, i am quite interested to see if there have been any announcements or features I should be paying attention to. I recognize that you can set asset supplies at each base but my questions are as follows:

1 - Is supply tied to any visual map object? There are warehouses and fuel stores on the map at each airbase - how does the destruction of these assets affect local supply? i.e. can I impact the F-15 120C supply at Kutaisi by striking individual buildings with a bK90 for example

2 - Are there time tables or a frequency by which resupply is scheduled? I see you can set "supplied by" in the ME - does this mean a behind lines interdiction/ground attack on these sites can slow availability of weapons/fuel if set properly in the ME?

3 - Has ED made any new announcements on the future of interdictable supply? heck I'm not even sure if knocking out a tower takes out ATC or hitting a VOR/NDB can impact navigation yet.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I am wondering if someone can explain how supply/warehousing works in 2.5.

The resources manager and warehouse function is described pretty well starting on page 217 of the DCS manual.

I am NOT just saying "just read the manual". I hate it when people say that. But in this case the manual explains it far better than I can and provides examples.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

1. I believe its supposed to be setup so that the resources are shared equally between the warehouses. So if you have 10 warehouse objects on the map storing 100 of item X, you destroy one object, then there should be 90 items of X.

2. Its all in how you set it up in the editor. The physical distance is divided by the speed you set which determines how long it takes to get there. The periodicity is how often a supply will be sent. Size being how much "cargo" can be sent.

3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not that I know of.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

thanks guys - sorry i would have checked the manual but had assumed it was still an alpha WIP. glad to hear it has progressed to the point of potentially meaningful interdiction.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I don't think its changed that much since initially added around the time FC3 came out. The in-world warehouses might've existed back then, we just didn't know which objects they were.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

thanks guys - sorry i would have checked the manual but had assumed it was still an alpha WIP. glad to hear it has progressed to the point of potentially meaningful interdiction.

No no...like I said I HATE IT when people say just check the manual. I will usually try to offer some sort of meaningful answer and then reference the manual. But I've only played with the resources a little as well and didn't want to give bad info.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.