Helios Button Problems

I've searched for a solution and more instructions on this kinda out dated software and I have had no luck. I'm turning to you guys for help or maybe another suggestion. I've installed the latest version of helios on a windows 7 machine and two monitor set up. I'm exporting my mfcd's and the CDU, both work fine. Oh and I'm running the 2.5 Open BETA. Helios shows up and my exports are there just like they should be. My problem is the key binding. I've followed a couple of install videos and I can not get any of my buttons to work. I get everything assigned and fire up DCS and visually everything is there and the buttons move when clicked on ' but there is no function. I run everything as administrator while setting things up. I'm just at a loss and can't find a direction to go for a fix. I've heard of another program called Ikarus' how does it compare ? I'd really like to find a solution to the button problem since everything is set up and working visually. Thanks for any help or direction to go !

There are many possible issues with your setup. The Helios to DCS connection must work. The keybindings must be done correctly.

It is next to impossible to guess where your problem lies.

Ikarus is a crude attempt at duplicating what Helios does and I would hesitate to recommend it.

However, you might give it a shot just to see if you can overcome your issues. You can always switch back to Helios at a later date.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: