TM TWCS throttle problem

I have the TWCS and i have noticed recently a problem that occurs ONLY in F-16 and ONLY when i am taxing/taking off. i have assigned the paddle on the throttle as my rudder, and it goes crazy, bouncing left and right all the time. I use the same paddle also as rudder in all other aircrafts but this only occurs only in F-16, and since it doesn't happen in flight i suspect it's not a hardware issue.

anyone else with the same issue?

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the TWCS and i have noticed recently a problem that occurs ONLY in F-16 and ONLY when i am taxing/taking off. i have assigned the paddle on the throttle as my rudder, and it goes crazy, bouncing left and right all the time. I use the same paddle also as rudder in all other aircrafts but this only occurs only in F-16, and since it doesn't happen in flight i suspect it's not a hardware issue.

anyone else with the same issue?

Haven’t seen this including when flying at a friends with the TWCS, going to suggest wiping all your axis control bindings for the viper and then starting again. Sounds like a conflict or a double bind somewhere.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Gregkar, I too am having problems with the axes commands on my cougar throttle.

I posted on the "controllers and input bugs" page the problems I am experiencing.

I took the advice from Deano87 and cleared all axes commands from not only the Viper but all acft

that I have and this still did not help. My problem is antenna elevation, manual range, and radar cursor. The frustrating part is that they were all working fine at the end of February first of March.

Don't know what happened but I hope a fix is coming soon.

You may also check the axis calibration in Windows. My TWCS paddles are quite jumpy as well with zero input. I really should go in and clean them out soon.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I had a similar issue with the z axis on the tm16000 joystick for rudder input. Found the internals had become worn enough to supply input without touching them. The TM16000/TWCS series is known for wearing faster than something like an X52 and having this issue, I bought a new one online for like $50usd and it fixed my issue.

If money is an issue you can try calibrating or increasing the deadzone in axis tune. May get lucky, I didnt....When these are done for I'll be going back to saitek they just last so much longer for the same price range I've had an x52 last 9 years of constant use before any issues, TM ive had for 1 before problems started.

I think i fixed it. I was using the TWCS paddle AND the T.Flight pedals as rudder at the same time. If i use one of them it works fine.

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i had those same problems but fixed it. my problem was with the way the paddle attached to the lever arm and potentiometer shaft. it just needed to be reseated

it might be worthwhile disassembling the entire throttle and directly checking the sensor itself.

then attach the paddle and look at the sensor input-response through the windows calibration manager.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have to re-open this... unfortunately the problem persists, and it's not hardware, it ONLY happens in f-16 and ONLY when on ground, never on air, i can see the a/c rudders juggling left or right during taxi or take off

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]