Speech Mod

Gone1Crazy

So Im working on a mod for the speech of the ground crew.

Is working perfectlly using JSGME but sinde I dont like to override files from the Main installation , Im trying to do it with the " saved games" folder.

Some sounds are able to be modified creating a folder called "sounds" at the saved games folder.

But somehow the only ones Im not able to, are the speech sound files, all the speech tree line cant be ( or Im unable to ) be loaded this way.

Ideas ?

Any help is welcome .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98014

Definitions:

$INSTALL_DIR = game installation directory

$WRITE_DIR = C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS

DCS searches for sound (both .sdef-files and wav/ogg samples) in the following order:

1) $WRITE_DIR\Sounds\

2) in the Sounds subdirectory of each mod from $WRITE_DIR\Mods\

3) in the Sounds subdirectory of each mod from $INSTALL_DIR\Mods\

Mods are searched backwards from the registration order

4) sdef are searched in $INSTALL_DIR\Sounds\sdef\, samples - in $INSTALL_DIR\Sounds\

There are two ways to replace game sounds:

1) put your versions to $WRITE_DIR\Sounds\ in a correct subfolder with a correct name

2) create your own mod and place it into $WRITE_DIR\Mods\

C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS\ is not touched by the updater, except for it's own files:

autoupdate.cache

autoupdate.lock (normally exists only why updater is running)

Config\autoupdate.settings

Logs\autoupdate.log

What ive tried

Still an option to modify sounds like that ?

C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\Ground Crew\Messages

And

Entry.lua

Using mount_vfs_sound_path(current_mod_path.."/Sounds")

C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\TEST\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\Ground Crew\

C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\TEST\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\Ground Crew\

Edited by Gone1Crazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look in to ovgme you can physically place your folder anywhere out of dcs range then use ovgme to tell the main root stuff what it needs to know when you run dcs. It does the same for the info that goes in the saved game path . Now the directory structure need to match as if it is being physically place there because that’s what happing when you run but it is troves afterwards

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Look in to ovgme you can physically place your folder anywhere out of dcs range then use ovgme to tell the main root stuff what it needs to know when you run dcs. It does the same for the info that goes in the saved game path . Now the directory structure need to match as if it is being physically place there because that’s what happing when you run but it is troves afterwards

Interesting didnt know about that .

Will take a look but as far as I saw it does the same as the jsgme Right ?, thanks in advance

Edited by Gone1Crazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From my understanding it does more but I could be wrong but asked the guy updating it would be my best advice. I have a central folder on my Dropbox folder with my mods I use ovgme to simulate placing the active ones for the profile for lack of a better term it use both the dcs directory and the saved games folder at run time so dcs doesn’t mess with I;t during updates, cleaning, repairing etc

Let me know if it helps or not.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.