Flight Control Trim

Wurf

I'm using the TM cougar HOTAS stick. I've programed the stick and all is working well except for the Trim switches. They seem overly sensitive. Is there some way to reduce this sensitivity? There are no curves to adjust. Any suggestions.

The only trim you should need is roll really. I can't remember using pitch trim in the F-16 at all. I agree the aileron trim is sensitive, you just need to flick the trim hat as quickly as possible.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 month later...

Let's raise this thread from the dead.

Everytime I fly I have to correct for minute roll trimming issues.

I just briefly tap on the coolie hat on my joystick, but always end up over correcting.

Can we please decrease the step size in which (roll) trims are done for the F-16?

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I'm using the TM cougar HOTAS stick. I've programed the stick and all is working well except for the Trim switches. They seem overly sensitive. Is there some way to reduce this sensitivity? There are no curves to adjust. Any suggestions.

The sensitivity of the stick trim commands cannot be adjusted.

I therefore use the trim wheel commands instead of the stick commands.The trim wheel sensitivity can be adjusted if you are willing to edit these lines in the file "default.lua":

{    pressed = control_commands.RollTrim_ITER,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,    value_pressed =  0.3,    name = _('ROLL TRIM Wheel - L WING DN'),        category = {_('Left Console'), _('MANUAL TRIM Panel')}},
{    pressed = control_commands.RollTrim_ITER,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,    value_pressed = -0.3,    name = _('ROLL TRIM Wheel - R WING DN'),        category = {_('Left Console'), _('MANUAL TRIM Panel')}},
{    pressed = control_commands.PitchTrim_ITER,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,    value_pressed =  0.1,    name = _('PITCH TRIM Wheel - NOSE UP'),            category = {_('Left Console'), _('MANUAL TRIM Panel')}},-- modified value_pressed from 0.3 to 0.1
{    pressed = control_commands.PitchTrim_ITER,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,    value_pressed = -0.1,    name = _('PITCH TRIM Wheel - NOSE DN'),            category = {_('Left Console'), _('MANUAL TRIM Panel')}},-- modified value_pressed from 0.3 to 0.1
{    pressed = control_commands.YawTrim_ITER,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,    value_pressed = -0.3,    name = _('YAW TRIM Knob - L/CCW'),                category = {_('Left Console'), _('MANUAL TRIM Panel')}},
{    pressed = control_commands.YawTrim_ITER,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE,    value_pressed =  0.3,    name = _('YAW TRIM Knob - R/CW'),                category = {_('Left Console'), _('MANUAL TRIM Panel')}},

Normally these lines have "value_pressed = 0.3" and "value_pressed = -0.3". As you can see, I have reduced the sensitivity of pitch up/down to +/- 0.1. Editing of these files should be done with the free Notepad++. And of course you should back up the modified file, because updates and repairs restore the original file.

And, NO you cannot put the modified file to \Saved Games (well, you could by they don't work there).

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I am sure ED can change the amount of trim change a button press introduces each time TRIM LEFT / TRIM RIGHT is pressed.

to maybe a third of the current amount.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

I am sure ED can change the amount of trim change a button press introduces each time TRIM LEFT / TRIM RIGHT is pressed.

Of course they can... but will they, that is the question...

giphy.gif

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Of course ED can. But will they? And when? In the meantime I help myself.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5