Alerax's LSO AI Script

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Means tune in your comm radio to channel 7... It has the preset frequency set...

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Means tune in your comm radio to channel 7... It has the preset frequency set...

thx for that helped a lot, couldn't figure it out :) one more thing iam stuck on I got the case 1 pattern down track, but stuck on the marshal approach. I contact marshal and says angel 2 etc so go down to angel 2 10 nm from ship than do a 5 nm circle around ship on 2nd circle I hear marshal say contact pattern go to button 7 etc. I take this is the time to descend and enter the pattern?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

just tried to run a mission I build before on my dedicated server installation. The mission is working fine on my game rig but I can't get the script working on the dedicated server.

I just copied the mission to the server and started it.

Other scripts like RescueHelo or RAT are working fine.

Is there something I missed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

just tried to run a mission I build before on my dedicated server installation. The mission is working fine on my game rig but I can't get the script working on the dedicated server.

I just copied the mission to the server and started it.

Other scripts like RescueHelo or RAT are working fine.

Is there something I missed?

Are you by chance using MOOSE? I'm assuming so if you are using RAT. MOOSE and the DCS multiplayer code don't play well together on servers and will mess with the F10 menus. I had the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I think the most recent update to DCS has broken your script. I'm getting a chunk error when I use it in the missions I make. The error is resolved by removing your script. Any chance, you're planning to update it?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Grifter-RLG

Still working for me . No problems..

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm i think i dont get it right..

1. I installed the mod as descripte in the entry-post.

2. When i start the Mission i got the message that the mod is activatet. F10 Menu also show everything what should there.

3. I start the F14. i select the Marshal Frequence Manualy and talk to jester to tune the Stennis over the Tac Selection. Doublecheck with F10, that the standard-frequency is the one for LSO.

3. I approach on Angels 20 and 39nm from the boat and make the Straight-In Call. Got an "100 Signal Charlie Straight-In, Check-in Button" (with voice) back. Seems to work.

4. Cause if bad conditions, i make a manual inbound call to the carrier, so he switch the lights on.

But i never hear something from the mod again, I fly over the flightdeck, go down to the harlie pattern, fly the Case 1 pattern and land. I get no LSo Calls or anything. Just Silence.

Okmycase 1 was FAR from perfect but even then, a little "aboard imbound out of pattern" or something like that should come back in my eyes.

But after that i hear nothing.

Hi,

I think the most recent update to DCS has broken your script. I'm getting a chunk error when I use it in the missions I make. The error is resolved by removing your script. Any chance, you're planning to update it?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Grifter-RLG

I have ths same problem, but only with missions made after the update. The ones I did before last open beta update still work.

Any clue?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey fellows,

I am trying to create a carrier landing mission with Alerax LSO script. I seems to be missing something as I cannot rename the mission from zip to miz file. The mission stays as a zip file.

Please any ideas how to do this the correct way?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You should be able to in Windows, Go into View on the top of the file explorer and make sure the "Show Filename Extensions" option is checked

If you are already doing that and it won't accept the change it has to be permissions that are stopping you

Are you running as Administrator on the PC? You could also check the file Prooperties to make sure you have adequate permissions

Now, for some of you who are aware of and concern about the way the LSO Script was written, I have to ask for your patience. This is my first time releasing any script/code for the public, and programming is far from what I do professionally. I’m actively learning about open source licenses to understand the best path forward, but I can assure you that I will release the full LSO Script when I am no longer actively supporting it. Until then, I appreciate your understanding and suggest you check out the features and the value this LSO Script offers to the community.

I have to agree with Grimes, using obfuscated code in a public DCS script is pretty silly...if you combine it with lfs and io activation, then it becomes suspicious (sure, you can always leave them sanitized, but still).

No community members who create scripts for DCS obfuscate their code and you obviously know this... unless you want to tell us how you magically stumbled upon these...

trigger.action.outTextForGroup

env.mission.weather.groundTurbulence

missionCommands.addCommandForGroup

trigger.action.radioTransmission

Unit.isActive

timer.getAbsTime

atmosphere.getTemperatureAndPressure

I'm sure you didn't check Grimes' Hoggit Wiki even once... ;)

Look, I found this thread by accident, I wasn't going to post... until I read your "explanations".

You made a deliberate effort to obfuscate the code, instead of releasing it straight, like everyone else does (as you obviously know).

You know perfectly well how code is usually released 'round these parts, you know perfectly well that other community members might use parts of your script for their own projects, which will be publicly released as well (that's kind of the point)...

Instead of lecturing you on the value of open source, I'm just going to illustrate the practical side of all this:

• You benefited from code publicly available to the DCS community in order to create your script

• Then you decided to obfuscate your code, so the same community that gave you the tools to create it, won't be able to access it... effectively cutting the feedback cycle.

• Now consider what would happen if the rest of coders in the DCS community decided to obfuscate their code as well (including Grimes and the whole Hoggit Wiki).
    That would put an end to the possibility of people like you coming in, learning how to script stuff for DCS (from the community) and creating scripts like this one.
    Do you value the knowledge you gained from the community?

If you don't want to get negative reactions from the coders in the community, don't pull this kind of crap and don't use cheap excuses... it's silly, it's misguided and it's disrespectful.

Instead of telling people stuff like "I suggest you check out the features and the value this LSO Script offers to the community" , maybe you should stop for a second and think about how you were able to create this script precisely because other people don't go around obfuscating their code...

Cheers! :thumbup:

Edited by Hardcard

I know im being really dense but I dont have much experience with the mission editor and I cant figure out how to install this/get it working. There is a video on youtube but it displays as private so I cant view it.

Is there another video available to show how to install/use this?

Thanks

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

You should be able to in Windows, Go into View on the top of the file explorer and make sure the "Show Filename Extensions" option is checked

If you are already doing that and it won't accept the change it has to be permissions that are stopping you

Are you running as Administrator on the PC? You could also check the file Prooperties to make sure you have adequate permissions

Thanks Weegie. I will try your guide.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I know im being really dense but I dont have much experience with the mission editor and I cant figure out how to install this/get it working. There is a video on youtube but it displays as private so I cant view it.

Is there another video available to show how to install/use this?

Thanks

Sorry this might not hep but what part of Alerax's instructions are you getting stuck at? (replicated below)

--- INSTALLATION ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have simplified the installation significantly. There are largely two parts to the installation, the script and sound files.

Firstly, here are the steps to install the script file into your mission.

1 ) Open your mission or create a new one in the Mission Editor.

2 ) Go to the Trigger panel.

3 ) On the first column, select new Trigger (rename this to whatever you like), and change condition to “MISSION START”.

4 ) On the third column, select new Action “Do Script File”. Select open and locate the "Alerax_LSO_Script_Release_v2.5.lua" file.

5 ) Rename your CV to “Stennis_AI” (case sensitive)

6 ) Save the mission.

Secondly, the sound file installation no longer requires you to install each sound file one by one. However, you’ll need a “.zip” file program for this to work. Also, make sure that you close out of the Mission Editor before you do this step, else DCS Mission Editor may overwrite your mission file.

1 ) Locate and select your mission (.miz) file.

2 ) Press F2 to rename the mission file and change the “.miz” to “.zip”. This will allow you directly place the sound files into the mission.

3 ) Open the newly converted .zip file and place the "Alerax_LSO_AI_Script" folder into the root directory (same directory as the “l10n” folder).

4 ) Close out of the .zip file.

5 ) Press F2 and rename the mission back from “.zip” to “.miz”.

Done!

If you let me know where you are getting stuck I will try and help.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use this for night missions, just requesting the "Straight In" approach when I push from my Marshal stack, but keep getting blocked out by my AI wingman. Is there any way to kick them out of the queue or move ahead of them so I don't keep getting a "Signal Delta" call? I even tried having him anchor where we Marshaled but he somehow still got registered in the landing line.

I'm trying to use this for night missions, just requesting the "Straight In" approach when I push from my Marshal stack, but keep getting blocked out by my AI wingman. Is there any way to kick them out of the queue or move ahead of them so I don't keep getting a "Signal Delta" call? I even tried having him anchor where we Marshaled but he somehow still got registered in the landing line.

If anyone else has this issue, having them anchor elsewhere works, as long as its 40 nm away from the boat. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Hi, I need some help with getting the tracks to export (2.5), I have the macro file in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Alerax_LSO_AI but the tracks never actually get made, the folder is empty apart from the excel file.

• 1 month later...

Suspect the 2.5.6 update may have broken some of this, in particular 2.5.6 changed the expected location and folder structure of sound files. For me since 2.5.6 the F10 menu options respond as expected, but I get no associated sound.. Still works fine in the stable version at 2.5.5

Suspect the 2.5.6 update may have broken some of this, in particular 2.5.6 changed the expected location and folder structure of sound files. For me since 2.5.6 the F10 menu options respond as expected, but I get no associated sound.. Still works fine in the stable version at 2.5.5

thx what I had suspected although when I downloaded his miz file it works but when I do my own missions etc it doesnt

• 4 months later...

Since this week update I an error message. It continues to work with sounds and everything but I have one or two error messages to go through.

Unfortunatly I forget to screenshot the message but I'll do it tomorrow.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...