Alerax's LSO AI Script

Hey Skull, the call for channel 13 is for comm channel (LSO callouts) not ILS channel. I suggest going to the Carrier Information Menu to get the ILS channel.

-Alerax

Thanks, I'll try that

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'll try that

I just realized I wasn't flipping the switch on the right knee console for ILS, it's working now thanks.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Regarding what Calmillo posted:

I think it would be nice to have a bit greater lateral limits to trigger the Marshal stack calls. Maybe just being inside a 6 or 7 DME bubble and on the correct altitude (+/- limits) should be good enough to get that calls for descent or Charlie. Would be as well nice to be able to adjust these limits by ourselves as mission editors.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't change a thing.. Standards are standards, not 'guidelines'. You train to a standard and are then judged by that standard. This is a training mission. It is to train you to meet the standard.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Sorry man, I am not talking about the "mission", but the script I want to use in MY mission and I decide myself if I create a "training mission" or not ;) I am aware of all the standards and SOPs. But like in the real world deviations might be a thing sometimes by good reason and airmenship. And by all means, the first pic posted above doesn't look like it has not met the applicable real world condition - he was in the correct Marshal pattern by the look of it.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahhh... yeah, I get it now. I was only concerned about changing the 'standard' in the mission that gets downloaded by folks wanting a good, feature packed, and relatively very accurate grading system. I routinely, spelled always, use a variation of his mission in the missions I build for myself.

I wish ED would use a version of his script in all carrier ops. I know it would be tough but Alerax proved it is possible.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

don't get me wrong - I am not talking about the LSO trap grading! My point - only - is the limit of the trigger zones to get the descent and cleared Charlie calls in the overhead stack. Eventually too close/ wide abeam should accept a greater limit as well before getting waved off due to that only - but real world Hornet jockeys can say more regarding such waveoff and when it does happen IRL.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Possible MP Issue?

Flying with some friends tonite in the TomCat and had a human in the RIO position. The script would ID the aircraft by the RIO and NOT the Pilot and not respond to either human attempting to contact the "Carrier to Fly a Straight in".

Then after I had the human left the RIO and exited the server, the script no longer had a name ID in the menu. Only Ship number and it STILL refused to respond to requests.

Has anyone else witnessed this?

I've seen it twice now with humans in the RIO slot.

Might or might not be relevant, The jet was cold started up front and AI started in RIO spot.

Markeebo

First of all, thank you for this great script.:thumbup:

I have a question regarding the description of the flight path review.

When (after td on carrier? closing the mission? closing the mission and saving a *.trk file? ...) and where can I find the *.csv that is being exported?

So far I created a folder (***\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Alerax_LSO_AI), placed the "_Track Graph.xlsm" in it and tried running the macro - with no results.

I assume that the *.csv needs to be also be placed in the Alerax_LSO_AI folder so that the macro can run properly?

[...]

FLIGHT PATH REVIEW (ADDED v2.5)

The LSO Script exports your flight track starting between the 90° and 3/4 mile ball call to a “.csv” file for plotting with Excel (see below on how to enable this). The track file exports both your aircraft line up and altitude with references to the error margins. Note that each individual unique aircraft flight track will be exported to the same file. Steps to automatically plot your landing flight path.

1 )
Unzip and place the “_Track Graph.xlsm” file into your “YOURNAME/Saved Games/DCS(.openbeta)/Mods/Alerax_LSO_AI” folder.

2 )
Open the “_Track Graph.xlsm”.

3 )
Press the “Run Plotting Macro”. You may need to enable content to allow the macro to run.

4 )
Once the Message Box shows “----COMPLETE----“, all your track files are plotted.

5 )
Open the track file in your “YOURNAME/Saved Games/DCS(.openbeta)/Mods/Alerax_LSO_AI” folder and enjoy!

[...]

It's no big deal, but am I the only one who is finding the Tacan from the Stennis is being emitted from about 1nm off the port side, when seen from my F-14? Not sure if this is a specific F-14 bug or a Stennis bug, or something that is somehow particular to the Alerax .miz (although I doubt that)?

It's no big deal, but am I the only one who is finding the Tacan from the Stennis is being emitted from about 1nm off the port side, when seen from my F-14? Not sure if this is a specific F-14 bug or a Stennis bug, or something that is somehow particular to the Alerax .miz (although I doubt that)?
That's odd. I was on Cat 3 last night and realized that the bearing pointer was point to the starbord side. I blew it off since my dme was 0.0 so I forgot about it. But it clearly was pointing in the wrong direction.

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great script thanks! Running the mission heaps and has improved my pattern and landings a lot. Adds a huge amount having the feeling of the LSO watching your pattern and giving calls with a grade at the end. Is cool he can tell if you make a NC etc.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's odd. I was on Cat 3 last night and realized that the bearing pointer was point to the starbord side. I blew it off since my dme was 0.0 so I forgot about it. But it clearly was pointing in the wrong direction.

Markeebo

Just checked again and on approach, nose right on the ship, on the nav display the tacan caret was about 2 degrees port of the ship. Usually it coincides with the HSI arrow but for some reason my HSI arrow was pointing behind me on approach. Oh well, it's a seat of the pants experience anyways.

So far I created a folder (***\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Alerax_LSO_AI), placed the "_Track Graph.xlsm" in it and tried running the macro - with no results.

Same !!!

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me how to replace the 2.2 version of this mod with the current one in a mission I've already installed it into? I can follow the instructions to put the mod into a fresh mission, but I don't want to screw anything up by trying to replace the old version in an existing mission. Thanks!!

I'm trying to add LSO to a MIST enabled mission.

I'm getting the marshel/LSO comms in text, but non of the sound snippets work.

I've compared the file structure to the one in the provided MIZ (2.5.1 currently) which works.

I've got the same file structure inside the MIZ (zip).

yet no sound it mine.

Any Ideas?

-- Update --

I've found the cause (or at least managed to fix the issue).

if multiple aircraft in the mission (not sure about coalition) have the same tail number, the script will not play audio.

once I went over the mission (not mine) and changed tail numbers for all Hornets and Cats it started working.

so now I really can tell how bad I am. :)

Edited by uri_ba

Hi.

First of all i wanna thank you for your great MOD

i liked it alot.

I just wanna ask you how to plot track.csv

cause every time i click on plot

i get error.

ERROR OF EXECUTION: 1004

INVALID PARAMETER

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Possible MP Issue?

Flying with some friends tonite in the TomCat and had a human in the RIO position. The script would ID the aircraft by the RIO and NOT the Pilot and not respond to either human attempting to contact the "Carrier to Fly a Straight in".

Then after I had the human left the RIO and exited the server, the script no longer had a name ID in the menu. Only Ship number and it STILL refused to respond to requests.

Has anyone else witnessed this?

I've seen it twice now with humans in the RIO slot.

Might or might not be relevant, The jet was cold started up front and AI started in RIO spot.

Markeebo

Just following up on this in case others have noticed this in MP. It looks like the Script will identify with the last one to join the A/C. So.if the RIO joins last, it porks the script as far as I can tell.

However, if RIO joins first and allows a pilot.to join, the script IDs the pilot correctly and all is good

Hope this helps someone scratching their head.

Markeebo

Just following up on this in case others have noticed this in MP. It looks like the Script will identify with the last one to join the A/C. So.if the RIO joins last, it porks the script as far as I can tell.

However, if RIO joins first and allows a pilot.to join, the script IDs the pilot correctly and all is good

Hope this helps someone scratching their head.

Markeebo

This is a known by ED bug, been like this for years, exists in the L39 as well No fix in site unfortunately. Only way around it is to use the net layer and inject information into the mission from external on the server (just like SLMOD does)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

This is a known by ED bug, been like this for years, exists in the L39 as well No fix in site unfortunately. Only way around it is to use the net layer and inject information into the mission from external on the server (just like SLMOD does)
Thanks Jabbers. I'm afraid that's a bit above my pay grade(understanding). I'm aware of SLMOD, but that's about the extent of it. Fingers crossed that they get around to fixing this.