• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH my...

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

ED just gave us more than just a sale!

Well done ED and partners! Thanks a lot!:thumbup:

I don't see any announcement, but I see sales prices!

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Yup. Good move. Being prisoner at home for 2 weeks maybe a month from today but still get paid lol. Unfortunately I have almost all DCS jet modules except the Viggen and its not participating in free trial, darn......

The Viggen is lovely :thumbup: Sad they left out many important ones :helpsmilie:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Very Well done ED! Thanks.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I feel cheated by the latest sale.

F-16C now for -50% price? Really?

You want people to pre-order with a -20% off, knowing that once the pre-order phase is over, the module is not suppose to get a special sale before it is released, and even then when it gets released as feature complete not to be in first year as -50% but more like -20% or -33% kind sale.

And now it is in -50% in Early Access phase!

How about the helicopter pack that people just purchased in the last sale, all four helicopters in price of one, only a 69,99! That was just a couple weeks ago!

And now? Only 34,99 for that same bundle price!

I feel shamed that some people went to buy that special 4-for-1 bundle offer, when it is now then that -50% off too!

I was considering to buy a possible future customer for you as gift that helicopter bundle, but I wasn't so sure, but now I feel shamed that those who purchased it got somewhat cheated.

I have previously given criticism about the sale periods and amounts, as I believe that it is not nice for people wait that they would get a sale and then it is put so often to high special sales that must somewhat hurt the normal price sales! Like what is the purpose of the "milage" when you can just shave off now so easily and often -50% of the full price?

And someone shouldn't try to put it on me personally, as I have all the modules that I am interested and I have received my fun multiple times over for the price. But I feel shamed that Pre-Orderers and Early Access testers should gain a some kind a "honorable status" from their willingness to invest in early development phase and be part of the community to help others, find bugs etc.

I always feel bad for people who have just purchased something and then on next day or two it goes for a sale, especially when the company has well known about the upcoming sale. I don't care is it a car tires, vacuum cleaners, a pack of ice cream, but it wakes up in people that they feel cheated. And I say to as well people who want to get lower price but wait to feature complete module, that buy it in the Pre-Order phase and just don't install it, you get best of the both worlds then! But now not even that can be done because the Pre-Order sale doesn't mean it is the lowest price before the module gets released as feature complete!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You want people to pre-order with a -20% off, knowing that once the pre-order phase is over, the module is not suppose to get a special sale before it is released, and even then when it gets released as feature complete not to be in first year as -50% but more like -20% or -33% kind sale.

How about the helicopter pack that people just purchased in the last sale, all four helicopters in price of one, only a 69,99! That was just a couple weeks ago!

I feel shamed that some people went to buy that special 4-for-1 bundle offer, when it is now then that -50% off too!

I was considering to buy a possible future customer for you as gift that helicopter bundle, but I wasn't so sure, but now I feel shamed that those who purchased it got somewhat cheated.

I have previously given criticism about the sale periods and amounts, as I believe that it is not nice for people wait that they would get a sale and then it is put so often to high special sales that must somewhat hurt the normal price sales! Like what is the purpose of the "milage" when you can just shave off now so easily and often -50% of the full price?

And someone shouldn't try to put it on me personally, as I have all the modules that I am interested and I have received my fun multiple times over for the price. But I feel shamed that Pre-Orderers and Early Access testers should gain a some kind a "honorable status" from their willingness to invest in early development phase and be part of the community to help others, find bugs etc.

I always feel bad for people who have just purchased something and then on next day or two it goes for a sale, especially when the company has well known about the upcoming sale. I don't care is it a car tires, vacuum cleaners, a pack of ice cream, but it wakes up in people that they feel cheated. And I say to as well people who want to get lower price but wait to feature complete module, that buy it in the Pre-Order phase and just don't install it, you get best of the both worlds then! But now not even that can be done because the Pre-Order sale doesn't mean it is the lowest price before the module gets released as feature complete!

This whining just proves you can't please all the people all of the time. :doh:

This happens everyday in every other aspect of commercial sales. You can buy something at full price if you want it right now or you can wait until it goes on sale. How long that wait is is the gamble. Companies specifically don't advertise sales a long time in advance because then no one would buy anything until then. If Intel or Nvidia said their new super chip would be on sale at 70% off in 6 months, who would buy it now at full price? Of course most would wait until the sale happened. Companies can't run that way.

You pays your money and you takes your chances. Welcome to the real world, snowflake.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Although a sale would be nice for someone new to DCS. But for those of us that have been flying for a while, I still have a lot to keep me busy just with the modules and campaigns I already have that I have not finished mastering. And that is just concentrating on the Viggen and F-14. I have not even taken out the other older modules for a spin in a while.
This is me to. I have so many airframes I have less than 1 hour flight time on it is not even funny. I am not buying anything new for a long time, cept the Hind...... don't you judge me. :)

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pre-Orderers and Early Access testers should gain a some kind a "honorable status" from their willingness to invest in early development phase and be part of the community to help others, find bugs etc.

I buy modules as i feel that i want them. I buy EA cos i want new toys NOW. I dont buy them to do some form of charitable service for ED or the community. I suspect that i am not alone in this. I also susoect that being a EA saint is not a monivating factor for anyone if they are honest/

I congratulate ED on bringing their latest products to the sale and the try before you buy. I own the F18, PG and F16 already and paid whatever i paid when i wanted them. All are cheaper now and i couldnt give a rats arse someone is getting them for less than me. Good luck to them.

Im more concerned my wife no longer has any job security come friday and that my father in law is going to have to recover from cancer isolated from his loved ones.

I guess its all about perspective.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I guess you just cannot please everyone :-(

I think it's safe you say that this is a once-in-a-lifetime event for ED, not to be compared to any other sale or free trial period. It's what's called an EXCEPTIONAL EXCEPTION (<-- I came up with that all on my own!). So just chilax and enjoy it. Because no one saw COVID-19 having this kind of impact on our lives when we spent money on modules in the past.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

It could be said that we were robbed/conned. Take your pic. The honourable thing would be to partial refund or at least give Miles. Free trials are one thing but such an early major discount is wrong without compensation to those that actually supported the new module.

Edited by CobaltUK

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Jesus

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Jesus

Yeah... :doh:

It could be said that we were robbed/conned. Take your pic. The honourable thing would be to partial refund or at least give Miles. Free trials are one thing but such an early major discount is wrong without compensation to those that actually supported the new module.

I don't think that we need any compensation. Just that in the future that it would be more honorable for those who pre-order and participate for the development, instead those who then buy for full price and receive a readily developed module.

And I don't take it wrong to have some special sales (like this international epidemic thing) as long its sales are not something ultra special that are better than even those who pre-purchased or who purchased something on last sale.

It is completely right to offer those free weeks, free limited access etc, as that is what I have been talking years ago and people hated the idea so much about it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Guys, Please keep it clean and on topic.

These also are not Normal Circumstances.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I understand what you're saying. It is really beyond unusual. Also, I'd say this is probably one thing that, so to speak, slipped through the net at ED due to the tricky circumstances of this - lets face it - rather spontaneous sale happening.