Black Shark 3 upgrade content

BonerCat

Simple question

Do we know what systems exactly will be added to the Ka-50 with the BS3 package?

Thanks!

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

From What I've gathered there would be upgraded MWS and LWS System and ability to carry A2A Fox2s. There will be some implementations of RWR, but don't quote me on that. There will be upgraded Outside model aswell.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Probably this:

d94b921130d515ce4aad2e28dea1acee.jpg

(President-S is the name of the countermeasures system)

And Igla A-A missiles (only four missiles 2+2 in BS3):

90d08249112cfa16dd40af897b7eb5dd.jpg

Later in 2020, we will release DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 3. This upgrade will build on the free cockpit update and add the following features:

• Option for weathered cockpit textures.
  • Completely new external model with a much-improved 3D mesh detail and textures. It will also account for the new systems like the Missile Launch Warning Systems, Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) and the Igla air-to-air missiles.
  • Ability to carry up to four Igla air-to-air missiles.
  • Integrated Missile Launch Warning System (MLWS) system with display system.
  • Integrated Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) system with integrated display system.

In total, it will make the Ka-50 much more deadly and survivable on the DCS World battlefield.

[source]

[ Related thread with WIP pictures ]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Pretty comprehensive. Thanks

Edited by BonerCat

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

Wish the A-10 exteriour model gets an update too, ugliest and most outdated 3D model of all.

Bruh. You never took a look at models like the

Su-17

Tu-95

Tu-160

C-17

B-52

F-117

just to name a few AI planes.

If you mean modules, then you should take a look at Su-25, Bf-109 and other ones.

The A-10 looks rather good compared to those.

• Like 1

How effective is the DIRCM system compared to the SA-19 Tunguska, since the rocket is a Laser Guidence SAM system, it should be blinded by the DIRCM and miss its target. What do you think?

The Tunguska guides the missile via optics from the vehicle. Should be pretty useless against it.

• Like 1

Wish the A-10 exteriour model gets an update too, ugliest and most outdated 3D model of all.

lol what? :megalol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

A weathered cockpit wil be nice. The ir launch warning will be handy. But the rest . meh. If it costs more than $10 for BS2 owners I think itll be a rip off.

Yeah, I can't see paying much more than that for it. It will be the THIRD time I've paid for it.

A weathered cockpit wil be nice. The ir launch warning will be handy. But the rest . meh. If it costs more than $10 for BS2 owners I think itll be a rip off.

ED did say there will be a substantial discount for BS2 owners. I’m sure there is quite a substantial upgrade graphically and systems and weapons wise. Why you think it would be a rip off if it costs a over 10 dollars is beyond me

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yeah, I can't see paying much more than that for it. It will be the THIRD time I've paid for it.

Not really, considering what you'd have after purchasing the upgrade to bs3 is not what you paid for with bs1. Paying to upgrade and modernize isn't the same as paying for the module again, and again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

10$ is a little too less :P but if they consider adding key functions like the shkval filters, Ekran Code functionality, rework the shkval optical Kontrast lock logic (because its acting very weird in "low Light" conditions - with low light i mean actually sun is up and you can see object clearly in 4km distance but without laser I251 just says nope there is Nothing to lock on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) im happy to pay my 30 bugs without all that and just the announced stuff i think 15-20 would be apropriate for bs2 owners.

• Like 1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) im happy to pay my 30 bugs without all that and just the announced stuff i think 15-20 would be apropriate for bs2 owners.

Nice! I don't know where insects are considered currency, but I'm digging up an anthill and coming your way!

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I don't have problem with paying money but I would compare it with the amount of content in upgrade vs the amount of content in the full module. The price needs to reflect according to that. I am willing to pay $20 max based on what they have promised would be added with the upgrade.

Even then, those systems would have to be fully developed and properly simulated. Won't even bother if they try selling it unfinished under an early access badge.

This is just my own personal reason. I don't expect or want people to do things based on my personal standings.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Read it again, im sorry if your ant brain is to small and my english to bad

It's all bueno. Your English is better than my ____________ (fill in the blank with virtually any language other than English). I figured it was a typo, but as I had only woken up about 10 minutes prior, it struck me as funny.

System:

I hope they finish the module with this update. When creating a VoiceAttack profile I soon realised how badly implemented some of the controls are. Some default keybinds are duplicated and conflict, whilst the Datalink SA-TLF switch isn't even listed in the keybinds! Good job it is clickable! I'm guessing ED may have ran out of keybind combinations?

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1