FORMATION FLIGHT CHALLENGE server

GTFreeFlyer

• 4 weeks later...

@GTFreeFlyer,

I went looking for the server this weekend. I am running the latest Open Beta.

I searched for "Formation Flight Challenge" in the multiplayer server list, but no hits.

Let me know. I am curious to see how it all flows in multiplayer.

Cheers

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Wonderfull. It worked. I will be sure to try it out more and use it for practice on different planes.

Thanks!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 1 month later...

Server is back up! I've had a long summer filled with lots of work travel which prevented me from keeping this server going. It is back and this weekend only earn 3x points and move up the ranks quicker!

Moving forward, I'll have this up on the weekends only. The kids are home doing online schooling during this pandemic and require all the bandwidth during the week.

Cheers!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New Tacview replay from a flight today.  It was quite fun flying with a bunch of good pilots and hitting our slots quickly.  https://youtu.be/PE0la1VA1RM

• Like 2

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 1 month later...

Hi GT,

I have seen that the server is weekends only. I assume it is your time zone, so from Europe I will be able to see it online in the afternoon hours. 

Correct?

I am a new BuDs member, no multiplayer experience yet and I wanted to sharpen my skills with the formation flying challenge before going more serious online.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

It's back!  I checked last night to make sure it was working with 2.7.  Enjoy, and let me know if you experience any issues.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Went to take a look at the server tonight after seeing some vids of it in action, but did not see it in the server listings.

I am running OB.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 4 months later...

After a long hiatus, the server is back!  I will now be working from home for the next year+. so I'll try to keep it running as much as possible.  Hop in and enjoy!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Realize I am very late to this party.  I don't fly multiplayer so this is a learning experience for me.  Am I searching correctly?

image.png

As you can see my search resulted in no servers.  Is this server still operational?  I was going to try and create a mission that does something similar so I could practice formation flying whenever I wanted.  This server seems to be just the thing I was after.  And if I can meet some other DCS folks, great!

Edited by Mistermann
Better Picture

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 3 weeks later...

Server has been down for a little while.  It is off and on.  If it's ever down when you want to try it out, shoot me a message.  It's running today, and I'll try to be better about keeping it running during US Pacific awake hours.  Cheers!