DCS: South Atlantic Map by RAZBAM

phant

5 ore fa, YSIAD_RIP ha scritto:

Hello @phant your updates to the map are very much appreciated and needed. 

• If the upgrade will not be in the next patch I hope you can give some early access and approval to creators like Air Warfare Gourp / @JUICE-AWG.   You can give the DCS community a chance to create some videos on the progress and improvements. 
  • Today I was exploring Aerodromo O'Higgins in the North and while very nice I can see the room for improvements you mention in your update.

Good luck!

Phant is not a developer, it just report official news that are at the links.

This is the italian support forum, the ED subforum for RAZBAM's SA map is here: ps://forum.dcs.world/forum/727-south-atlantic/

• Like 2

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

On 6/16/2023 at 5:15 PM, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hello @phant your updates to the map are very much appreciated and needed. 

• If the upgrade will not be in the next patch I hope you can give some early access and approval to creators like Air Warfare Group/ @JUICE-AWG.   You can give the DCS community a chance to create some videos on the progress and improvements. 
  • Today I was exploring Aerodromo O'Higgins in the North and while very nice I can see the room for improvements you mention in your update.

Good luck!

Thanks for the confidence vote but I only have the Release Open Beta installed.  No Development Builds on my PC.  I'd have to wait for the release like everyone else.  It's up to ED when it comes out.

• Like 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Immagine

South Atlantic Development Report

We are excited to share that DCS: South Atlantic is receiving significant enhancements. Our partners, Razbam, have been actively developing and supporting the map, and we will soon be launching a major update.

This update will bring various improvements, including a major technology change for city blocks throughout the entire map. New points of interest (POIs) for cities, starting with Punta Arenas and Port Stanley have been added. Razbam are now using new city block models that are in line with the region's aesthetic. Additionally, they have made significant adjustments to tree distribution that aims to eliminate repetitive patterns across the map.

The roads in all cities have undergone a major revamp, with new textures, models, and layouts. Rural areas have also received attention with the addition of new villages across the map. Furthermore, we have introduced a deep water port for Rio Grande, and completely reworked Port Stanley and Goose Green from the ground up.

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine

Bye
Phant

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

AMVI

• 5 months later...

Aloha,

I'm well aware that this is just a detail, but the scrolling display board in two places on the South Atlantic map seems to have changed: the one at Port Stanley Airport no longer scrolls and the one at Mount Pleasant Airport has disappeared.

Are there any plans to restore them?

10 hours ago, komemiute said:

Why are you asking in the generic Italian section of the forums? 

We are literally just players... 

I apologize for this oversight. The title of the post led me to believe that this was a topic followed by the guys at from RAZBAM....

• 4 weeks later...

Immagine

South Atlantic Development Report

Since the inception of the DCS: South Atlantic map, RAZBAM have strived to innovate within ever-evolving technologies. From the majestic mountain peaks to the rolling landscape of the Tierra del Fuego, their new custom surface mesh, which lends detail where required, makes the entire landscape feel more alive and better suited to the local topography.

Since the release of the DCS: South Atlantic map, RAZBAM has provided a series of updates including new airfields, improved visual appearance and performance. They have also resolved bugs and this is now a much improved map that will see further enhancements this year.

A large amount of work has gone into modelling and improving all towns, cities and small hamlets. This includes new building types, Points of Interest (POI), and optimising them for a boost in performance. RAZBAM have also invested time and expense in aerial photography drones to provide improved terrain distribution aesthetics.

RAZBAM will be focusing on further ground texture and normal map improvements in the coming months. Please make sure you update to the latest version to enjoy all these new updates or consider a purchase of this large, unique, and historic region of the DCS: South Atlantic.

file.php?id=2855

Bye
Phant

• Thanks 1

AMVI

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Coco said:

Anyone talking about the Razbam/DCS dispute and Razbam no longer will have any updates on their products for DCS?

Yes, but not here. There are other Threads that cover that in painstakingly deep assumptions. Also - you're not up to date. Razbam is (most likely) not going to abandon their products. Read their latest pinned comments on the matter on discord or refer some other media, like Stormbirds or Hip Games (Youtube). They all cover this topic in a way more concise manner than it could ever be covered by us folks here in the forum.

https://stormbirds.blog/2024/04/07/razbam-ceo-wants-to-turn-the-page/

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"