Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

UPDATE 08/27/2020 - 1: v1.68d

- Fixed an issue where spawning "hmv" via Zeus map marker command wasn't working

- New logic in A2G Mission spawning will now prevent the same mission from re-spawning after being completed. A different mission will be randomly selected.

- Ground mission vehicles will now spawn with a random heading/azimuth.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

If you put HELO #001, it will take the next available unit name.

It will allow "HELO" and "HELO #000", I added those just in case.

It goes from HELO #001 - HELO #160

Good day, I followed your instructions with the UH-1H and using HELO #001 and so on. However, only the first Helo can load crates and/or troops. After switching to a second, a third or fourth Helo, none will be able to load crates and/or troops. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Edited by Mysty

Good day, I followed your instructions with the UH-1H and using HELO #001 and so on. However, only the first Helo can load crates and/or troops. After switching to a second, a third or fourth Helo, none will be able to load crates and/or troops. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Do you mean a helo within a group?

You can't use multi-grouped slots, it has to be a brand new group to get it to work properly.

"Through The Inferno"

Do you mean a helo within a group?

You can't use multi-grouped slots, it has to be a brand new group to get it to work properly.

I do indeed mean a helo within a group! Let me try it... It works like a charm now. That was the problem. Thank you very kindly for your quick reply.

Edited by Mysty

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great question, recently brought to my attention from the /r/hoggit subreddit:

Hi everyone, got a question regarding the Through The Inferno random air traffic module. I have been looking through the lines of options for the fighter_rat spawns. Is there any way to incorporate additional unlisted units into this and if so what format would it need to be in? I was thinking adding in some helicopters and more jet variants

also slightly different topic but is there any way to increase the number of units spawned per a2a mission? it always seems to spawn 2 unless it's a bomber mission.

Many thanks

The RAT system is quite comprehensive and is a great tool to make your missions feel more alive with ease.

I first recommend looking through the MOOSE RAT documentation here:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html

So for the TTI Mission, RAT is very specifically tailored for it so if you want to PROPERLY add your own RAT aircraft you'll have to follow some steps.

To simply just add a new RAT aircraft you need to add a TEMPLATE UNIT onto the mission editor map of the RAT aircraft you want.

For simplicity's sake please call it RAT_[aircraftname] in the GROUP NAME and SET IT TO LATE ACTIVATION.

Let's pretend we want to add a RAT L-39.

1) Add GROUP L-39, name it "RAT_L39" in the group

2) SET IT TO LATE ACTIVATION

3) Add the following to the rat lua file in the miz, after you extract it out:

after these lines:

a10:Spawn(fighter_rat_a10_spawns)

end

add the following code in a new line right under it:

for this example, the L39's VARIABLE NAME will just be called "l39" -- you need to declare and name your own variables for your aircraft of choice. keep it simple, call it the aircraft name without symbols; Ka-50 would then be "ka50" or if you want you can call it ka50_variable, whatever works for you.

local l39=RAT:New("RAT_L39") --- PUT THE EXACT GROUP NAME IN QOUTES
l39:SetTerminalType(AIRBASE.TerminalType.FighterAircraft) -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:SetDeparture({airbase_1, airbase_2}) -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:SetMaxDistance(max_distance_destination) -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:TimeDestroyInactive(inactive_timer) -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:ATC_Messages(false) -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:SetROE(roe_setting) -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:SetROT("evade") -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
l39:SetFLcruise(air_traffic_flight_level)-- LEAVE THIS ALONE
   if fighter_jet_immortal == true then 
       l39:Immortal() -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
   end
   if fighter_jet_invisible == true then
       l39:Invisible() -- LEAVE THIS ALONE
   end
l39:Spawn() -- LEAVE THIS ALONE

The reason you want to leave these alone, is because these options are already set for you in the mission settings in the editor trigger list.

3) once you edit the mission by adding your RAT group template, and you edited the lua SAVE the LUA

4) import the LUA back into the miz, either by RELOADING the RAT lua file in the mission triggers or dragging the new LUA where you got it from in the miz -- Using 7zip for opening miz files is great.

5) SAVE the miz file

6) rejoice as your new RAT aircraft are flying around now!

_________

So for the next question; when it comes to increasing the amount of A2A targets.

This is quite simple since the A2A enemy aircraft are spawning a GROUP template, which usually has TWO aircraft in one group. You can increase these to 4 max.

Take the template group named "su33_norm"

It has two units in the group, so when the su33 normal a2a bandits spawn there will be two in that group. change this to 1-4 as desired. If you want to spawn SEVERAL groups of 1-4 you'll have to edit the Air Missions Lua file;

Lets take a look at A2A normal:

function a2a_norm_start()  --2 per group
   A2A_Norm:SpawnInZone( CPS, true, 5000, 10000 )
end

This will spawn a random a2a group in a random position

You can change this so it calls this spawn TWICE:

end

but these two groups will spawn in different locations;

If you want to spawn two groups in generally the same location you can do this:

A2A_Norm_VEC = A2A_Norm:AddX(1000):AddY(200):AddZ(400):GetPointVec3()
A2A_Norm_Secondary = A2A_Norm:SpawnFromVec3(A2A_Norm_VEC )
end

then as before with the other changes;

Save the LUA, import the lua back into the miz, save the miz.

"Through The Inferno"

Thank you for building this great dynamic mission! Is it possible wihin it to load FOB crates into a C-130? My understanding is that CTLD allows it. Since TTI uses CTLD, I was wondering if anyone has tried it and, if so, kindly letting me know how it is done, perhaps with a .miz. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 09/30/2020 - 1: v1.71a

- Added A-10C II module

- Added C-101CC module

- Added MiG-29G module

- Added AI Helo Transport Script

helo_troop_transport_auto.gif

helo_troop_transport_zeus.gif

- Add new debug feature and option to remove enemy ground units that are dynamically spawned above ground on top of buildings, folliage etc...

- Fixed incorrect tanker information in briefing and kneeboard

- Joint Task force coalition add to use for ease of adding/changing units

- Change Kuznetsov country to Joint Task Force Coalition Blue

- Change Su-33 country to Joint Task Force Coalition Blue

- Removed intrusive config folder that blocked some custom client settings from being applied

- Removed redundant mission detection checks to improve performance

- Improvements and optimizations to JTAC Auto Lase script to improve performance

- Disabled a few mission types by default to improve performance

- Disabled Airboss Rescue Helo by default to improve performance

- Disabled F/A-18C and F-14B Ground Random Air Traffic spawns by default to improve performance

- Removed non-Super Carrier extra miz file and included tutorial in included README.txt on how to change the Super Carrier units to the free carrier units.

"Through The Inferno"

I just downloaded the 1.71a version and the zip doesn't have the Super Carrier .miz. Only 1 .miz in the archive.

Cheers!

As per the update notes:

- Removed non-Super Carrier extra miz file and included tutorial in included README.txt on how to change the Super Carrier units to the free carrier units.

"Through The Inferno"

As per the update notes:

Thanks!

I obviously didn't read the notes.

Appreciate your work on this mission! Cheers!

Using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/28/2020 - 1: v1.72b

- Added dynamic convoy missions;

*Convoys can be configured to auto-start or spawned via the mission spawner menu

*They will be randomly generated, the unit composition of the convoy will be varied

*Their starting positions and routes will be randomly selected

*They can be repeated like normal A2G Missions

*Using the F10 - Other Intel report will provide a L/L of the convoy's position at the time of the intel being requested.

*Configurable option to allow for adding map markers on the F10 Map to show the convoy's position (The convoy map marker will update when intel is requested)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_260113_1603922364647_804","height":"341","title":"convoy mission intel SP.PNG","width":"473"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

- Fixed an issue for carrier maps where using CVN-75 caused datalink issues. All carrier maps will now use CVN-72 instead.

"Through The Inferno"

I got myself the F-14 today, and went into slightly tweaked TTI - Caucasus 1.72b (minor edits, mostly just the settings for auto-starts etc) to fly it again. I ran into the following issues:

- F-14B (CV), despite being marked as Launch from Ramp, airstarts.

- When coming in for landing on the CV with an F-14B (ground) and hailing the CVN-72, I get the message 'You are not authorized to land'

Is that a CVN-72 limitation of some kind, or something else?

I got myself the F-14 today, and went into slightly tweaked TTI - Caucasus 1.72b (minor edits, mostly just the settings for auto-starts etc) to fly it again. I ran into the following issues:

- When coming in for landing on the CV with an F-14B (ground) and hailing the CVN-72, I get the message 'You are not authorized to land'

I just checked it on my end - all is fine. Maybe double check the slot settings on your slot if you've modified the miz.

As far as the ground aircraft not able to land on the CV, might be a fault of DCS in recent updates. This seems to be something outside of our control in the mission editor. Perhaps you could try using the Airboss ATC instead, which should work for any CV aircraft.

"Through The Inferno"

I just checked it on my end - all is fine. Maybe double check the slot settings on your slot if you've modified the miz.

As far as the ground aircraft not able to land on the CV, might be a fault of DCS in recent updates. This seems to be something outside of our control in the mission editor. Perhaps you could try using the Airboss ATC instead, which should work for any CV aircraft.

I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. I'll also check the original and see if it's purely something caused by the edits on my end, or something else being stubborn.

edit:

No idea what's causing it, tbh. I've tried a fresh original file, disabling the few mods I have active, changing the starting position between ramp, runway (spot 1 through 4), parking hot, but none of it seems to work in making it start on the deck. I've also tried changing the carrier itself to different versions, but it seems like they placed a restraining order on my 'cat...

edit 2:

Just tried it with a new blank mission with just the CV and an F-14B, with the same result: an air start. It's rather odd, as the normal missions, like Fleet Defence, seem to work as intended when it comes to spawning on the deck, even when I change the start from Parking Hot to Ramp.

I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. I'll also check the original and see if it's purely something caused by the edits on my end, or something else being stubborn.

edit:

No idea what's causing it, tbh. I've tried a fresh original file, disabling the few mods I have active, changing the starting position between ramp, runway (spot 1 through 4), parking hot, but none of it seems to work in making it start on the deck. I've also tried changing the carrier itself to different versions, but it seems like they placed a restraining order on my 'cat...

edit 2:

Just tried it with a new blank mission with just the CV and an F-14B, with the same result: an air start. It's rather odd, as the normal missions, like Fleet Defence, seem to work as intended when it comes to spawning on the deck, even when I change the start from Parking Hot to Ramp.

Hmm this is very odd! make sure you're on the latest DCS openBeta? I know stable had an update lately but open beta might help? You might benefit from a DCS repair/clean up command https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/ or maybe yet, re-installing the F-14B module, delete it from your modules and re-install it

"Through The Inferno"

Hmm this is very odd! make sure you're on the latest DCS openBeta? I know stable had an update lately but open beta might help? You might benefit from a DCS repair/clean up command https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/ or maybe yet, re-installing the F-14B module, delete it from your modules and re-install it

Currently running the latest OB version (2.5.6.55960) and already tried reinstalling the F-14. Will probably have to give the repair/clean a shot as well.

Currently running the latest OB version (2.5.6.55960) and already tried reinstalling the F-14. Will probably have to give the repair/clean a shot as well.

If that doesn't work, try deleting this folder, it wont remove anything important except for any custom loadouts you may have made, if you care about those, back them up, but try letting DCS clean it up first to see if it fixes your issue:

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor

"Through The Inferno"

If that doesn't work, try deleting this folder, it wont remove anything important except for any custom loadouts you may have made, if you care about those, back them up, but try letting DCS clean it up first to see if it fixes your issue:

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor

Nope, neither repair nor deleting that folder worked. I guess I'll just stick with land-based starts for now, and maybe a future update will fix whatever is causing it, as it seems to be something wonky I might not be able to fix on my end.

(edit: A bit hard to say for sure since I still kinda suck at deck landing a non-harrier, but it also appears as if it's not catching the wire. I just did a similarily crappy approach and landing in the instant action, where it did catch. Will need to try it some more and do a normal landing to see if that's indeed the case)

Latecommer to this thread. Does this mission support the Viggen? (does it autogenerate missions for the Viggen, and are they the same as the ones for the A10C or are they tailored for the Viggen)

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Sounds like you don't own the Supercarrier Module. The CVN-72 is from the Supercarrier Module and if you have no license you cannot start from the deck, or interact with ATC, nor land on it ( wires not catching).

This is to ensure people without the Supercarrier Module can at least use the missions in Multiplayer, but not use the features...

Lucky for us, ED listened to the community and simply restricted the interaction.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sounds like you don't own the Supercarrier Module. The CVN-72 is from the Supercarrier Module and if you have no license you cannot start from the deck, or interact with ATC, nor land on it ( wires not catching).

This is to ensure people without the Supercarrier Module can at least use the missions in Multiplayer, but not use the features...

Lucky for us, ED listened to the community and simply restricted the interaction.

Yea that would do it. A bit annoying it doesn't allow any interaction with 'plebian' (non-SC owner) players, though. It would be nice if you could still use the very basic CV features, those being TACAN beacon, catapults, and the wires, whilst other people in your session get the full supercarrier experience.

Edit: Seems to be what the issue was. I put it on the CVN-70 Carl Vinson, which isn't part of the SC bundle, and it plonked me right on the deck, as intended.

Edit 2: The Carl is very much outdated, so I swapped it to the Stennis (which is listed in the SC dlc, but w/e), and it's working as normal now

On another note:

I just tried A2G - Infantry assault and the Chinook ended up unable to land, hovering ~10m above the ground. In an earlier start, yesterday or something, it was in the same area as far as I recall, and it did land as intended, if you ignore the power lines it kinda flew through, that is...

​https://i.imgur.com/i1CtnAQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/P7iNDZ7.png

Yea that would do it. A bit annoying it doesn't allow any interaction with 'plebian' (non-SC owner) players, though. It would be nice if you could still use the very basic CV features, those being TACAN beacon, catapults, and the wires, whilst other people in your session get the full supercarrier experience.

Edit: Seems to be what the issue was. I put it on the CVN-70 Carl Vinson, which isn't part of the SC bundle, and it plonked me right on the deck, as intended.

Edit 2: The Carl is very much outdated, so I swapped it to the Stennis (which is listed in the SC dlc, but w/e), and it's working as normal now

The SC is a complete module with lots(!) of work put into it. I am very happy ED did it this "annoying" way, instead of following the original idea of making the SC mandatory for everyone joining a Multiplayer mission. Singleplayer you simply swap it vs the good ol' J.C. STENNIS and in Multiplayer at least nobody in an F-16C or A-10 is forced to have the SC module to join.

They really listened to us and made this brilliant workaround.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The SC is a complete module with lots(!) of work put into it. I am very happy ED did it this "annoying" way, instead of following the original idea of making the SC mandatory for everyone joining a Multiplayer mission. Singleplayer you simply swap it vs the good ol' J.C. STENNIS and in Multiplayer at least nobody in an F-16C or A-10 is forced to have the SC module to join.

They really listened to us and made this brilliant workaround.

Indeed, it's nice it doesn't just outright fail to join or crash your game, that's for sure.

It would still be nice, however, if the message in-game was tad clearer about it. The 'You are not authorized to land' sounds a lot like 'Go around, runway occupied' in a way. Having it mention you need the SC module would aleviate that. For example: 'You are not authorized to land: Supercarrier datalink module not installed.', with 'datalink' being optional for thematic flavouring.

Although it's only a small thing, it would make it pretty obvious why interacting doesn't work, without first having to ask around or google it, if it's not mentioned beforehand somewhere.