[ALREADY REPORTED]Bug with NAV - TIME - Local Adjust

Martyn

I recently spent some time going through the CDU with the manual to pick up some new skills and discover features that missed when following the main tutorials years ago, and only practising how to blow stuff up.

I believe there's a bug with the LCL ADJUST (Local Time Adjust) in the NAV>TIME page.

Examples:

Current time = 16:40 GMT/UTC as shown on lower-right of TIME page. Also on the aircraft clock below the standby ADI.

• Enter Local Adjustment value of 1:00 (1 hr). The lower-right of the CDU shows 18:40 (+2 hours) while the aircraft's clock shows 17:40 (+1 hour)
  • Enter Local Adjustment value of 2:00 (2 hr). The lower-right of the CDU shows 20:40 (+4 hours) while the aircraft's clock shows 18:40 (+2 hours)
  • Enter Local Adjustment value of 0:30 (30 mins). The lower-right of the CDU shows 17:40 (+60 mins) while the aircraft's clock shows 17:10 (+30 mins)
  • Enter Local Adjustment value of 0, and both clocks reset back to GMT and are correct.

The CDU display always shows double the correction entered. If flipping the correction from positive to negative by pressing the LSK by the adjustment, the negative correction is also doubled.

This is in 2.5.5 stable. I do not run Open Beta but didn't find a mention in the patch notes when I checked some days ago.

21125653_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_05.25-23_55_48_56.thumb.jpg.acbb01586cb449487a10deed19df16d5.jpg

1451529411_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_05.25-23_55_56_26.thumb.jpg.0b2890f4701dbeaad327a18750e6adc6.jpg

Edited by Martyn
Added attachments

Yes I saw another (external) forum post about this recently and they reached the same conclusion. Good catch.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Thanks all for the confirmation. Glad to know I'm not going mad, or misunderstanding how it was supposed to work.

But now that I think about it again, should the aircraft clock update with the adjustment or only the CDU time? Perhaps that's the bug, rather than the CDU offsetting the time by the adjustment value.

Many aircraft have a clock that always shows UTC time, so it just crossed my mind that it could be the reason. The A-10C manual doesn't really say much about the clock itself... (though searching for "clock" finds quite a lot of results!!!)

Regardless, it's on the list so that's all that matters.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I think there's still an issue in the very latest OB...

When you put battery power to the system, the clock does, in fact, wake up at the correct Zulu Time.

But, as soon as you crank the left engine, the clock goes to 00:00:00 and starts counting up from there.

Unlike the Viper where you can preset an actual time and then hack it in external view, you can only input an offset in whole numbers in the Hog and there's no way to hack the time in an external F2 view.

ADDING:

- Saw this occur on our DS1 tonight

- Saw this occur on an offlline mission copied from our DS1

- It did NOT do it in a new offline mission from scratch

Standby: May be inherent in our internal NTTR mission. Investigating Further...

Edited by Emmy
Added Info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 2 months later...
@Emmy Did you find what was causing this, we currently have the same issue with some of our missions!

Pretty sure it was something related to the “Prepare Mission” function that needed to be removed. Not sure precisely what though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com