SD-10 op. Time back to 80 seconds. Also kinematically worse than before

J20Stronk

Title.

Edit: ok, let me be a bit more clear. in my testing, The SD-10 now has the exact same kinematic performance as the AIM-120C. It does have a slight acceleration bonus over the AMRAAM in a straight line, but nowhere near as good as before.

Energy retention appear to be the exact same as the 120; the old SD-10 retained energy better.

The PL-12 still has the old FM, which is the exact same as the old SD-10 so I was able to test the "old SD-10" with the new one this patch.

The new SD-10 also "dies" 20 seconds sooner than the older one, which matches up with the AIM-120 battery life.

This is .acmi of a straight line test, a long range shot test against a maneuvering and a long shot non-maneuvering target.

I will say, the SD-10 is much less susceptible to notching and chaff, which is appreciated. But I believe we should have its old kinematic and battery life performance.

EDIT 2:

Ok, kinematics-wise it's only slightly worse than before.

I'm sure the new AP guidance had something to do with it since it does seem to want to make it pitch down a bit making it fly into denser air in a straight line; Old FM kept its nose high.

When actually engaging targets, it's not too far behind the old SD-10.

Still, Bat. Life/Op. time should be back to 100 sec.

Tacview.rar

Edited by J20Stronk

Also as a side note now the SD 10 uses the same new CCM code as the AMRAAM, its noticably harder to notch now

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I may have confused it but didn't they say this was going to happen temporaririly in the patch notes?

Yep they did

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I like the new changes.

Trade in around 2% kinematic performance so that it's even closer to the real thing, but with a much better CCM and Notching resistance? Heck yes.

Just, please revert the battery to 100. I'd love you all long time if it gets in the hotfix later this week.

yup, our engineer forgot to change the seeker op time, and the commit was frozen several weeks ago. will be fixed to 100s in next normal update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

No, I test it yesterday with a friend and I didn't received any launch alarm with the F16 and F18. Juste the normal active missile warning when the SD10 go pitbull.

The only problem we had was the absence of max and min launch range on the radar and the HUD.