Raven One briefing package

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm getting into the Hornet just so that I can play this campaign (and the upcoming one). But looking at the tutorial videos, it seems there are 20,000 different weapons that the Hornet can deploy (approximately), and even a couple of different targeting pods.

Is there a list of weapon types, (or at least which targeting pod) I should study before getting into this campaign, or would that be too spoilery?

Also it's your fault since your campaigns get me to buy and learn modules that I wouldn't have otherwise been interested in 🙃

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 4 weeks later...

What I've been doing is reading the briefing of the mission to get an idea of what weapons i will be taking and then brushing up with some quick training before completing the mission. With so little time to fly (2-4 hours/week), it can take a whole week to get a mission completed but it gets the job done since i can't stay sharp on everything the Hornet can do lately.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, unlikely_spider said:

I'm getting into the Hornet just so that I can play this campaign (and the upcoming one). But looking at the tutorial videos, it seems there are 20,000 different weapons that the Hornet can deploy (approximately), and even a couple of different targeting pods.

Is there a list of weapon types, (or at least which targeting pod) I should study before getting into this campaign, or would that be too spoilery?

Also it's your fault since your campaigns get me to buy and learn modules that I wouldn't have otherwise been interested in 🙃

Edited by MacEwan

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

luckily  you said approximately, other  wise  i  would  have  ask  you  to name  tham all 🙂

Yeah, I was a little overwhelmed at first. I ended up 'cheating' and just looked at the loadouts of each mission before starting the campaign, pasted them into a spreadsheet, and read up on each of those weapons. That at least reduced the amount of study since the campaign doesn't use every piece of armament available to the Hornet.

(Definitely not a knock on the campaign. The missions were pretty varied and covered a lot of what the Hornet can do)

I ended up completing Raven One in the end. Awesome experience and recommended for anyone who has the required modules. Awaiting the next campaign!

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1