Favorite load-out?

zakobi

Anyone who hauls everything they can stick on the aircraft is asking for it, and they likely get what they're asking for ... not in that wholesome awesome sense of pretending to be a B-52 ;)

obvisously wont take full load if there is some SAMs or air threats :lol:

barely able to maintain a 45degree turn at 12000'

and I'm not even talking about evasive manouvers:joystick:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for now, comms are crashing my game, so I'm more of a ''one man army'' until I can speak with my wingman, so I bring a lot of payload for a lot of target :thumbup:. When it'll be corrected, I'll take more ''normal'' loads ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6x AGM-65

Booo, unrealistic. Maximum is four, especially if there's something on the stations just inboard.

I like:

AIM9/ALQ

TGP/Rocket smoke marker

2x Mav D

4x GBU-12

It's mission dependent but with a 2-ship that's 4 standoff targets, 8 hard targets, and at least 10 targets that can be killed with the gun. Now that I mention it, swap out the wingy's -12s for -38s because he doesn't know hot to LGB.

Sidewinders are useless..The A-10 has no chance against enemy fighters...It is better to take more bombs or Mavericks because the A-10 will seldom use its AIM-9 Sidewinders...Enemy helicopters can be a threat, but the A-10 countermeasures and evasive manoeuvers should be enough to counter that threat...And remember that you can shoot down helicopters with the GAU-8 cannon at low speeds.

About Mavericks: they tend to miss their targets when launched from too far. I would recommend always keeping a few rockets in case because rockets are very effective at close range and used properly, even if it means getting inside the AA's range...

"Always check your 6 o'clock if you want to live!"

Actually 6 is technical max, but the crew chief will hate you for the charred wheel mounts and cooked in grease in his lube points. Angry crew chief = unhappy pilot.

So you do speak truth.. unrealistic.

Booo, unrealistic. Maximum is four, especially if there's something on the stations just inboard.

I like:

AIM9/ALQ

TGP/Rocket smoke marker

2x Mav D

4x GBU-12

It's mission dependent but with a 2-ship that's 4 standoff targets, 8 hard targets, and at least 10 targets that can be killed with the gun. Now that I mention it, swap out the wingy's -12s for -38s because he doesn't know hot to LGB.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Sidewinders are useless

dont know but they saved me last time. was doing the second campagn (dont remeber the name:music_whistling:) and a mig shot a missile at me, I evaded, he overpassed me, I shooted my AIM-9 and got the kill :megalol:

PS: semi CMS is so much AWSOME!!!!!!! :thumbup::pilotfly::joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the topic on Nucs yes the A-10 could carry and drop but it could not arm them, nor would it want to as one post said the A-10 is to slow.

6xmavs is max yes but not realistic. But then again a bunch of these loadouts are not realistic either. Very rarely will you see 2000 lb bombs on the A-10 also your looking at 4 bombs with 6 being max. Most combat load outs for mavs would be 2 with 4 being max.

As for 9s yeah useless but they are there to make you feel safe! More for helos than fast movers.

2 mav d's, 4 x mk 82s , smoke rockets and guns of course.

this is general but it obviously depends on the mission (other weapons may make it onto the rails)

wbr,

NotiA10

Can you get close enough to mark your own targets with smoke? Are they accurate outside Manpads range?

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Here is mine Evergreen ladout:

TGP

ECM

4xAGM-65D to dust off possible air defences

4xGBU-38 for precision attack on armour or structures (I would love to use the GBU-12s but I can't make them hit precise enough yet...)

Guns for light armour and utility vehicles...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Guns and Missiles, I just wish I could carry 10K rounds of ammo

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Favorite loadout:

3XGBU-31

3XMk-84

6XMk-82

6XMaverick

1X TGP

75% fuel

I'd gladly replace some of those dumb bombs with LGBs, but LGBs are incapable of hitting the broadside of a barn. I'm actually better off with dumb bombs, especially with moving targets. Desperately waiting for beta 4.

And yes, I'm severely overweight, but I can still take off :)

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Favorite loadout:

3XGBU-31

3XMk-84

6XMk-82

6XMaverick

1X TGP

75% fuel

I'd gladly replace some of those dumb bombs with LGBs, but LGBs are incapable of hitting the broadside of a barn. I'm actually better off with dumb bombs, especially with moving targets. Desperately waiting for beta 4.

And yes, I'm severely overweight, but I can still take off :)

Thats not even a possible loadout..........

• Like 1

Hmmm 2x12s 2x38s 2x65 1x131w/7xhe rkts, 2x9 1xtgp 1xecm 1150xHE

+1

Sometimes switch out the GBUs for dumb bombs/CBUs depending on target. Never fly with the sort of insane WWIII loads you often see people carry. High speed, low drag, it's the way forwards.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

!

:thumbup:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 x LITENING

1 x AIM-9

1 x ECM

2 x AGM-65H

2 x GBU-12

2 x GBU 38

1 x WP

Pretty much covers the spectrum for CAS, Interdiction and Sandy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever