A-10C Keyboard Command List

SinandGrin

Hi, guys!

I bought the A-10C yesterday. I looked at the keyboard command list but I cannot seem to find the keys commands for the aileron, rudder, and elevator trims. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are:

; RCtrl Trim: Nose Down

. RCtrl Trim: Nose Up

, RCtrl Trim: Left Wing Down

/ RCtrl Trim: Right Wing Down

Z RCtrl Yaw Trim Left

X RCtrl Yaw Trim Right

T LCtrl Reset Trimmers

Got these from an old keyboard pdf file I have. I'm assuming they are the same.

But you can go into the game options and choose controls tab and select the A-10C Sim controls. They should be in the list of controls. Have a look at the following categories:

Stability Augmentation System;

HOTAS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Milli

• 4 weeks later...

I was programming my TM MFD's and found at keyboard commands "Left MFCD Disable power" and "Right MFCD Disable power" which I programmed and got work. But there is no "MFCD Enable power"...or am I missing something?

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thank you...seems that my head was messed up after programming MFD's so that I didn't understand to test that...:)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

• 3 months later...
Thanks that should Help me a bit. Still Training

Please get a newer version of the key map. The version/post you responded to is four years old.

You can generate one yourself, very easily, from within the game.

When you are in Options>Controls>A-10C Sim (or Game), there is a 'Make HTML' button in the lower right. When you click it, it will collapse DCS and open Windows explorer. Double click the 'keyboard.html' and it will open the file in your browser.

You can print from there or go a step further and copy-n-paste that into a spreadsheet program for sorting and editing.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 10 months later...

Where is the airbrake command in 1.5?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Where is the airbrake command in 1.5?

Hi, I think it's B Left Ctrl and B Left Shift :)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• 3 months later...

I've looked all through the various keyboard binding docs/PDFs and can't find any mention of keystrokes or bindings for the AHCP panel switches; do they not exist?

I'm trying to bind things like TGP On/Off, Laser On/Off, Master Arm On/Off to my Orbweaver keyboard.

Anybody know where I could find this info?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

If they are not assigned, meaning that the keyboard column has no entry, then it is up to you to assign an available key or combination of keys in order to have something that can be assigned to your OrbWeaver.

However, IIRC, you can set any key, on the Orbweaver, to act as a joystick button. Then you can simple map the key in game just as you would for a regular joystick button.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@ cichlidfan,

Thanks, I forgot the 'published' keybindings are not as complete as the ingame listing. I found the entries but am still slightly confused about 'it is up to you to assign an available key or combination of keys'. So I need to figure out what/where there are keystrokes not already assigned? You mean there is actually a combination of CTRL, ALT, Shift, etc that might be available....can you suggest just one for me to test?

Regarding the Orbweaver, the 25 keys run 7 layers deep and I'm not sure how this can be directly mapped in-game. The documentation sucks so I 've only been successful emulating keystrokes or macros. But it beats the shit out of using 3 hands the regular keyboard! Surprised more folks aren't using an Orbweaver.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@ cichlidfan,

Thanks, I forgot the 'published' keybindings are not as complete as the ingame listing. I found the entries but am still slightly confused about 'it is up to you to assign an available key or combination of keys'. So I need to figure out what/where there are keystrokes not already assigned? You mean there is actually a combination of CTRL, ALT, Shift, etc that might be available....can you suggest just one for me to test?

You can open the file "default.lua" under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\keyboard" with Excel like a text file, selecting "Delimited" and the comma (",") as delimiter. This will show you all the commands available via a keyboard, plus the default keyboard binds. There are different kinds of relevant lines which are distinguished by what you see in the first Excel column ("A"):

1. beginning with "{combos = {{key = "... These are bound to a key out of the box. The columns "B" and "C" may contain "reformers"

Example default assignment with 2 reformers ("|" used as column separator):

{combos = {{key = 'Num6' | reformers = {'LCtrl' | 'LWin'}}}

This command is bound to the key combination Num6 + LCtrl + LWin.

All command lines have a field (not always in the same position) beginning with "name =" The one in my example is " name = _('CDU 6 Key')". So for this command the default binding data under Options / Controls will show "CDU 6 Key".

2. beginning with "{down =" or "{pressed =". These commands are available but not bound to any key out of the box.

3. beginning with "--": These lines are "commented out" which means that these commands are not available.

Note: the fields in these .lua files are not always in the same order.

You may be able to use this Excel format to find unassigned key combinations. For example, by sorting by the first column which will show all the lines beginning with "{combos = {{key =" in one block ,and you can see which ones have no reformers, or only one.

Out of curiosity I have extracted this Excel format and I attach the file.

Note: some (maybe many) of these commands may not be included in the files for the various HOTAS devices under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick". If you want to use such a command with another device you can copy it from the keyboard file and add it to the HOTAS file (using Notepad++). The command will then be available for the HOTAS device.

PS: which one of the Orbweaver keyboards do you use?

Keyboard_Defaults.zip

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@LeCuvier .......great response, solved that problem....so much for your reputation :)

I reviewed the default.lua as you suggested and found RCtrl + (several alphas) are seemingly available. So I tested the Orbweaver with RCtrl + T and now have a mouse-free means of turning the TGP On/Off. I want to do the same now for the Master Arm switch if I can find 2 more available. But in all honesty this was just a test of keyboard entries.

The big bonus in this exercise is that I now have various VC/VAICOM entries for in-cockpit commands:

Gear Up, Gear Down

Reset Trim

TGP On/Off

MasterArm Hot

MasterArm Safe

All working so far!!!

As for the Orbweaver, I can't find the model name other than Razer Orbweaver (Model: R207-0074). I think it was the predecessor of the Razer Tartarus, this model has 20 keys x 7 layers.

Thanks again :thumbup:

Here is a link to the downloadable Orbweaver manual.

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=1182&_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=1182

See page 16 and 18 to read about setting the key to act as a joystick button.

Edited by cichlidfan

Here is a link to the downloadable Orbweaver manual.

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=1182&_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=1182

See page 16 and 18 to read about setting the key to act as a joystick button.

Thanks Fan! An interesting concept; would like to test-use one but probably not buy. Between my HOTAS and DSD button box I have practically all combat-critical commands taken care of.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
just use the "B" key. It will open and close the air brakes. this is the same with "g" key for gear, "L" for cockpit lights, etc...

Not in A-10C, no. You have to use LCtrl-B and LShift-B to operate the air brake. And you have to hold the key until the brake is in the desired position, not just quickly press once.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I saw few controls oriented advices, can I add up? Last time no one gave useful answer.

I have Spacebar as a cockpit click/mouse look switch key, I think it's default, but since day one, I'm trying to bind it to mouse click. Can I get help here? The file edit thing maybe? In-game, I cannot bind mouse in there.

It took me a while to figure out what you mean, but I guess it's about the command "Clickable mouse cockpit mode On/Off". By default that's bound to LAlt+C.

If you want to bind it to the left mouse click you may have a problem. The left mouse button seems to be MOUSE_BTN0, and DCS does not accept MOUSE_BTN0. If you open the dropdown "Key/Button" you see that it allows only MOUSE_BTN1...MOUSE_BTN5.

LeCuvier