Development update April 2016 - Hawk

Hi Guys,

Here is a quick update on Hawk for April.

We have been battling with the sound API for DCS getting custom engine sounds working.

Our friends at Razbam have been helping us out trading ideas for what we've done and what they've done. More heads are better than one...

So far we have working cockpit engine sounds and are still working on external sounds using the API.

That being said, the EFM will be released in the upcoming 2.0.2 patch first (due to release schedule) which will give you the opportunity to fly and give us feedback.

It will then be in the next 1.5 patch whenever that is.

I'd like to thank you for your patience in waiting whilst we work through these issues.

Look out for the upcoming patch notes posted by ED.

We have been reviewing comments on the updated textures and are working to optimise them a little more, plus working on other details to make the whole cockpit better.

Thanks,

Chris.

Thanks for the update Chris, can't wait to put my hand on the EFM

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

I think i'm wanting it released more for your sanity than our welfare these days, Chris. I still recall you talking about the dream years ago. Last stretch for this, keep pushing, you can hear the crowd up ahead!

My sanity has all but gone these days lol

A german proverb says: "Gut Ding, will Weile haben!" Roughly, "Good work takes time!"

We are getting there. Cockpit updated, EFM really cool, and, well, it looks nice! :thumbup:

Light at the end of the tunnel...:D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

My sanity has all but gone these days lol

I'm not surprised. Its been a long and often rocky road, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now ... unless that's a train coming the other way..... :)

You're almost there and I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Kudos to Razbam too for helping out. Nice to see that sort of community spirit and cooperation.

Thanks for the update.

I love seeing DCS 3rd party devs communicating and helping each other :). It was also nice seeing Razbam on Gazelle stream chat.

Looking forward to EFM :).

AGREED!! It shows me that there is a deep interest in keeping this genre going outside of monetary compensation.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Great update. Certainly makes me all warm and fuzzy to hear you guys are working together.

• Like 1

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Thanks for the update Ells! It's great to hear about developers collaborating to bring the community a better sim!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Nice work guy's, and good to hear about the teamwork........way to go :thumbup:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Ells, it really is appreciated.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

good to hear that there is communication between the devs

(I've always kinda wondered about that - does EVERYONE have to reinvent the wheel..? for everything in DCS? or is everything shared? )

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]