Stretch goal at 200k?

BabyJail

Hi there,

Does anyone else think that adding a simple, but nice to have "baby-step" stretch goal at lets say 200,000$ would be a good idea? Share your thoughts!

My idea:

Take the "Normandy map extended to include Southern England" part from the 375k goal and lower it to 200k.

That way, if it gets reached, but doesnt quite make it up to 375k, we already have the bigger map to fly big bombers on, which can be added at a later point in time after the initial release.

• Like 1

Yep - I'd agree. In fact I think there needs to be one at $150k. Doesn't have to be something really major but something to aim for first. It would also help keep pledges at their existing levels and not getting suddenly lowered right at the end if, with the current setup, $375k doesn't look like it'll be achieved.

Good idea

Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

Derek Robinson, Piece of Cake, 1983.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ASUS Motherboard P9X79 Pro, Seagate Baracuda Green 2TB SATA 3.0, DCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.6 120GB, HD7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E, Corsair XMS3 1600Hz 8GB Vengeance CL9, INTEL Liquid Cooling LGA1155 - LGA2011, INTEL LGA2011 Core I7 3.6Ghz - 3820, Silver Power SP - SS850 850W PSU, 24" Benq HDMI LED Monitor

Yep, makes sense. 375 is a high first goal, and I think that puts people off as its seen as unattainable. I favour a 150k stretch goal, and a 200k goal. A simple map extension at 150k would make sense to me.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, I think with $100k getting closer I'm hoping Luthier has some further plans up has sleeve to motivate the community.

Something at $150k and $200k would be helpful. KS projects ca pick up a lot of funding in the last week if the dev's have a surprise or two to motivate the waverers.

Lol Pizzicato , I used to get it at work, I`d tell the junior designer my thoughts on the design he`d go and tell the gaffer and they`d spend a while patting him on the back for HIS great idea!!!! he ended up in charge yet couldn`t design his way out of a box. I posted that idea in the Kickstarter linked to the Typhoon about 90 mins ago.

Anyway it`s here now and it`s a good way of getting more interest. This kickstarter isn`t getting 375k at it`s current progress not even near, the stretches are far too big to appeal and Luthier needs to show his face more often on his own forum (this one) imo, 4 posts in 4 days is hardly good enough given the enormity of the task. The incentives weren`t the problem, the gap between them was and that hasn`t been addressed.

I think there needs to be one at $150k.

It would help keep pledges at their existing levels and not getting suddenly lowered right at the end if, with the current setup, $375k doesn't look like it'll be achieved.

This. And someone that goes by the name of GlowingAmraam and/or W0lfpackproduction needs to come out of hiatus ... there's need for a game trailer.
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

This. And someone that goes by the name of GlowingAmraam and/or W0lfpackproduction needs to come out of hiatus ... there's need for a game trailer.

Mysticpuma over at ATAG is on it. He just got the Pony and looking into a Trailer.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ASUS Motherboard P9X79 Pro, Seagate Baracuda Green 2TB SATA 3.0, DCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.6 120GB, HD7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E, Corsair XMS3 1600Hz 8GB Vengeance CL9, INTEL Liquid Cooling LGA1155 - LGA2011, INTEL LGA2011 Core I7 3.6Ghz - 3820, Silver Power SP - SS850 850W PSU, 24" Benq HDMI LED Monitor

Mysticpuma over at ATAG is on it. He just got the Pony and looking into a Trailer.
I notice more and more how positively involved the ATAG guys are. Which reminded me to sign up to their forum (^.^) Hope they and Merlin will have a MP server once the game is finally released.
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Yeah, ATAG guys really started something great.

I'd also like to see a 200k stretch goal. Moving South England from 375k to 200k would change nothing much, just that we'd actually be able to achieve 200k while 375 is at this point (and at this rate) apparently unobtainable.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I notice more and more how positively involved the ATAG guys are. Which reminded me to sign up (^.^)

Could be that we will se an WW2 1944 Normandie ATAG Server :music_whistling::smilewink:

The idea to use the map as a mid tier is a good one. Why not add a number of "stretches" of the map to keep the pledge pressure up as it is "losing momentum" lately?1 It probably has to do with the fact that most think we will reach 100k - but not 375k?

An image of the map where 150k gets us this, 200k this etc.. And in 50k increments up to 350k for the B17... (375k is not even enough anyway ;))

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

The idea to use the map as a mid tier is a good one. Why not add a number of "stretches" of the map to keep the pledge pressure up as it is "losing momentum" lately?1 It probably has to do with the fact that most think we will reach 100k - but not 375k?

An image of the map where 150k gets us this, 200k this etc.. And in 50k increments up to 350k for the B17... (375k is not even enough anyway ;))

Actually, that is a very good idea ... visualizing pledges by map stretch progress, adding in stretch-goal planes and all.

Dunno

Smurfy, put this as a direct question to Luthier in the thread you think he may read...I'm not sure that he will see this thread

Which thread does he read, he needs to get on here regularly given it`s his baby , honestly can`t they find a better frontman god knows they need one.

I`ve sent him a visitor message, but it`s like communicating with an ostrich I`m not holding out any hope he`ll actually read it. Sorry to be so blunt but this forum should be a hotbed for him to feed off and to some extent he has, but the lack of communication and postings I find staggering.