VR Oculus Canopy reflection with DS on

AMEDooley

I’ve asked a couple times and haven’t seen a response so I figure I’d make a new thread. Is anyone looking into the Canopy Relection issue with deferred shading on. The reflection is so bad in the day time that it is almost opaque. Very difficult to fly with during the day and annoying at night. Taking pictures is pretty useless as the image doesn’t translate from what I’m seeing in head set. Could this be an issue with the black cockpit mod?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its way worse than it should be please let us turn the ridiculous reflection of a pilots helmet off, I fly in VR its a massive annoyance and way off real life, but then again I have been complaining about dirty canopies and reflections for a while. If my ground crew sent me out with an Aircraft with a canopy as dirty as they appear in DCS I would have put someone on a charge, suffice it to say it never happenedl.

For the record I have 3000 hours of military fast jet flying and am currently a commercial pilot.

Please ED fix this IRL you don't lose sight of a bandit because of a reflections but in DCS its common.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Its way worse than it should be please let us turn the ridiculous reflection of a pilots helmet off, I fly in VR its a massive annoyance and way off real life, but then again I have been complaining about dirty canopies and reflections for a while. If my ground crew sent me out with an Aircraft with a canopy as dirty as they appear in DCS I would have put someone on a charge, suffice it to say it never happenedl.

For the record I have 3000 hours of military fast jet flying and am currently a commercial pilot.

Please ED fix this IRL you don't lose sight of a bandit because of a reflections but in DCS its common.

Co-signed, would love to see this fixed ASAP. It's terrible currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I adjusted the levels for the texture I think is responsible for cockpit reflections. I did a quick look in 2.0 and it seems improved. I attached the modded texture.

Replace the file M2KC_3C.tga.dds located in: DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Textures\M-2000C with the one included in the zip. I haven't had a chance to test much.

Let me know if it helps.

M2KC_3C.tga.zip

Yeah it works great during th day, night still has some issues. I definitely cannot use the black cockpit mod nor the petro’s Lights and mirror mod though. No biggie there.

If you use a cockpit mod try replacing the same texture I provided within the mod. I’ll have a look at the spec maps and see if there’s something that would make night reflections worse.

I adjusted the levels for the texture I think is responsible for cockpit reflections. I did a quick look in 2.0 and it seems improved. I attached the modded texture.

Replace the file M2KC_3C.tga.dds located in: DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Textures\M-2000C with the one included in the zip. I haven't had a chance to test much.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks for your efforts. Is there a possibility you could do a similar thing for the mustang? The canopy looks awful in VR with deferred shading.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

MANY THANKS

Sorry for the wait. Have you made a bug report in the P-51 sub forum? I should probably post it there.

Edit: I wanted to PM this to you because I haven't tested it but your PM's are disabled.

Try the attached texture.

Same method as the M2K, replace the .dds file in

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

With dds file inside the zip I've attached. Let me know what the result is. :thumbup:

p51d-cpt_glass_refl.zip

Edited by SinusoidDelta
  • Like 1

Sorry for the wait. Have you made a bug report in the P-51 sub forum? I should probably post it there.

Edit: I wanted to PM this to you because I haven't tested it but your PM's are disabled.

Try the attached texture.

Same method as the M2K, replace the .dds file in

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

With dds file inside the zip I've attached. Let me know what the result is. :thumbup:

That's great really appreciate this. I shall give it a try tomorrow.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

If you use a cockpit mod try replacing the same texture I provided within the mod. I’ll have a look at the spec maps and see if there’s something that would make night reflections worse.

I tried that and it didn’t work. I thought it was weird. Probably on my end though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is working for me, looks beautiful.

You will obviously need a software like WinRAR installed, navigate to the textures folder as described before. DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\

Double click on the P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES zip file and let WinRAR open it up.

The way I did it was to carefully locate the p51d-cpt_glass_refl file

Right click on the file and choose to delete.

Then ensure you have extracted the file given to us by Sinusoid Delta above and know its location. Go to the top of WinRAR and click on add, then navigate to the file location. Remember Sinusoid Delta has put the file inside a folder so navigate to the exact file inside the folder and double click to add it, and it works. I would advise to back up all files and folders before doing this in case of mistakes. Thanks once again Sinusoid Delta its a beautiful Mod.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

This is working for me, looks beautiful.

You will obviously need a software like WinRAR installed, navigate to the textures folder as described before. DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\

Double click on the P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES zip file and let WinRAR open it up.

The way I did it was to carefully locate the p51d-cpt_glass_refl file

Right click on the file and choose to delete.

Then ensure you have extracted the file given to us by Sinusoid Delta above and know its location. Go to the top of WinRAR and click on add, then navigate to the file location. Remember Sinusoid Delta has put the file inside a folder so navigate to the exact file inside the folder and double click to add it, and it works. I would advise to back up all files and folders before doing this in case of mistakes. Thanks once again Sinusoid Delta its a beautiful Mod.

Thanks for testing and giving the detailed response! Now all I need to do is made it a proper mod ;)