Flightpanels program thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS - Page 49 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 PM   #481
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Reputation power: 31
BaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to all

OK Guys. Some feedback:
Nav Light: Perfect. Working now.
Radio selector: Great. Yes, there are 6 positions in the cockpit, but the 'SW' one is not implemented in game so you actually need 5 positions which is what you get on the switch panel. Awesome.
Radio display: ARK-9: Nothing but you found out already. Now I realized that the DME position is not used.That's why I didn't get anything displayed. Why so by the way? So I pushed to XPDR position and I did get a display from 1 to 5. Why 1 to 5 considering ARK-UD channels go 1 to 6? Well, that's because XPDR is not linked to ARK-UD but to the Radio Panel!
I think that is a pretty good idea too to have XPDR linked to radio panel, but then DME shall display the ARK-UD channels.
One suggestion: when switching channel from the R-828, can we have the TUNE button activated after the switch so it does effectively switch to the frequency? Or when the R828 is selected, can we have the ACT/STBY button acting as the TUNE one? That would be awesome.
One small bug I found: If you press OK to assign a DCS BIOS command to a button and you forgot to give the variable a value, DCSFP crashes.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:00 AM   #482
pdmarsh

Reputation power: 6
pdmarsh will become famous soon enoughpdmarsh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
Think Gazelle...
Actually, I had been thinking Gazelle. I have it. I love it. I don't fly it as much as I would like. It would be nice to have it fully enabled in DCSFP. I can see it happening...

Paul
pdmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #483
pdmarsh

Quote:
OK Guys. Some feedback... One small bug I found: If you press OK to assign a DCS BIOS command to a button and you forgot to give the variable a value, DCSFP crashes.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you were able to get most things working. I'll let ArturDCS respond to some of the change suggestions.

Regarding the bug, I had a problem with that as well. The "OK" is to be used after you set everything up and want to leave the dialog box altogether. I would click on a DCS-BIOS command that I want and then click "OK," which seemed logical. However, it does close the dialog box prematurely. You have to double-click the DCS-BIOS command to get it to take. So, it's not a bug per se, but it is a quirk of the program in a sense.

Paul
Old 10-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #484
BaD CrC
ED Translator

BaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to all

You are right, it's not a bug, it's just a suggestion to make it more idiot proof.
I really love DCSFP as it is. It's very powerful. Did you ever think about adding multi layout capability? Like being able to switch from one config to another within the same aircraft to multiply the number of possibilities? Just a thought for later. No urgency.
On the other hand, Gazelle is definitively a must have for DCSFP!
Thanks for your help and reactivity.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #485
BaD CrC
ED Translator

pdmarsh, any technical limitations that prevent the other positions of the selector on the multi panel to be used (other than VS and ALT) in the Mi8 profile? I could definitively use more than 2 display pages.
Thanks.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:20 AM   #486
pdmarsh

Quote:
pdmarsh, any technical limitations that prevent the other positions of the selector on the multi panel to be used (other than VS and ALT) in the Mi8 profile? I could definitively use more than 2 display pages.
Thanks.
I'll have to check with ArturDCS on this. I don't really know why only the first two knob positions were used.

Paul