Forum Notice Revision

MrRogers

I've recently had a discussion with a few friends that are new to DCS. There was the usual confusion regarding activation across the two different platforms.

The below notice on the forums currently state:

"""Only DCS World keys purchased from these locations are valid purchases and can be activated in the Module Manager:

DCS E-Shop

Steam

Heatblur Store

1C, Gamazavr and YuPlay in Russia

Acealpha in South Korea

Any DCS World keys purchased from other sources are invalid and are simply trying to re-sell keys that are bound to other users or purchased through fraud. Such sites include Kinguin, CDExpress and G2A.

If you purchase DCS World keys from these sites, we cannot help you. We suggest you contact these sites for a refund."""

However, in this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187387 the situation is outlined differently for modules M2000C and after.

Delete this post if needed, but it may be prudent to update the notice board with something that is clearer for the benefit of new users. I've played for a long while, but this seems like it could be misleading to a newer player.

Regards

CO 6vMAW

Looking for wingmen? Come Fly with Us!

The post you are quoting is aimed at keys from G2A and Kinguin etc. So if you buy from those websites, ED can not help you, thats what the message is aimed at.

The post you are linking is about the cross-platform activation.

Keys bought on website (E-shop) > Will not work on Steam and vice versa.

Simple as that, no need for revisions :)

Edited by MrDieing

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Any modules on steam from the release of the M2K will have steam keys older modules will still use starforce keys.

Anywhere else apart from ED store and steam they [ED] can not help you.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45