F16 Madness

SUBS17

I’m not sure the F-16 will spin in the conventional sense. But it will certainly deep stall. The pitch override works well to rock it back and forth to get the AoA back under the critical limit. Only time I’ve managed it was the top of a vertical climb and manoeuvring with an asymmetric CAT III load in CAT 1 and departing the aircraft rather unexpectedly lol.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I’m not sure the F-16 will spin in the conventional sense. But it will certainly deep stall. The pitch override works well to rock it back and forth to get the AoA back under the critical limit. Only time I’ve managed it was the top of a vertical climb and manoeuvring with an asymmetric CAT III load in CAT 1 and departing the aircraft rather unexpectedly lol.

Is that another version? Because the MPO ain't modelled yet, the button is not working from what I've seen. I'll try CAT III and see what happens.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

MPO does indeed work. Get it in a deep stall and flick and hold the switch, you’ll see you get a lot more stab movement.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

What? Yes it is. It’s a spring loaded switch on the real aircraft. Which is required to be held by the pilot. In the “other sim” it is a toggle switch which stays where you put it, this is not correct to the real aircraft. In the DCS F-16 it’s best to bind it to a switch or button so you can press/hold it with your left hand and fly with your right hand. As per the real aircraft.

Proud owner of:

Good job - I've been trying hard to get it to spin, but so far I haven't had any luck.

It's not really a spin, it's a slow yaw left to right and back. Been in the same situation already three times, no luck in getting out of it yet.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It's not really a spin, it's a slow yaw left to right and back. Been in the same situation already three times, no luck in getting out of it yet.

It's not hard if you've got the height. Hold Manual Pitch Override and then rock the aircraft back and forth in pitch until you get it far enough down that it starts flying again.

Proud owner of:

I had the altitude but i was not aware of what the Manual Pitch Override did (or does) so i rocked it back and forward, left and right and all other stuff you can think of but that wasn't enough.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I had the altitude but i was not aware of what the Manual Pitch Override did (or does) so i rocked it back and forward, left and right and all other stuff you can think of but that wasn't enough.

Go give it a try, its quite fun! :lol:

Said no real F-16 pilot ever.

Proud owner of:

That is not possible in this case (at least not if not using the Manual Pitch Override).

Go give it a try, its quite fun! :lol:

It does work, but fun? Rather scary because you are loosing quite a bit of altitude! There are definitely more funny things to do with the F-16 ;)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Do you have a track and video of it?

I'll make one a little later for you.

Proud owner of:

Do you have a track and video of it?

Here you go.

Sorry it took me a few days to find the time to make it.

when I first got into the deep stall I tried to recover without using the MPO, notice no surface movement. I then flick and HOLD the MPO switch on and rock it back and forth until the nose is low enough to get out of a the stall.

F-16 Deepstall Recovery.trk

Proud owner of:

Here you go.

Sorry it took me a few days to find the time to make it.

when I first got into the deep stall I tried to recover without using the MPO, notice no surface movement. I then flick and HOLD the MPO switch on and rock it back and forth until the nose is low enough to get out of a the stall.

Good recovery.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]