Red Flag F-14 Tomcat - SP NTTR Mission by SEDLO

WELCOME TO RED FLAG

Welcome to Red Flag Mission 1. This is a similar mission to my Red Flag - F/A-18 mission, but with the F-14 Tomcat. I've had to significantly modify most of the triggers, and many voice overs, plus change the way the mission flows to incorporate this new, exciting module, and I think you'll enjoy the experience.

It features a ton of voice overs (including real-world), a realistic threat enviroment along with a real world procedures that will both challenge and entertain you!

In order to fly this mission successfully, you’ll need to execute critical tasks, from hitting your timing points to low level flying to possible air to air combat.

Make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the mission briefing and what’s expected of you before you enter the mission. Things can happen fast in the air, so better to prepare on the ground!

Good Luck!

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303927/

REQUIREMENTS: HEATBLUR F-14 MODULE, NTTR MAP

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE: Unzip folder into your C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\ . Mission brief PDF is included in that folder, too.

NOTE: IMPORTANT - There is currently an issue I'm finding with the DCS/F-14 module which affects voice overs. If this mission starts and you DO NOT hear the ATIS message right away, exit the mission and start again. You may have to do this one or two times until it works. I don't know why this is!

If you start the mission and do hear the ATIS message, you're good to go.

ALSO: The F-14 navigation is a bit... primitive compared to other, more modern aircraft. I had to modify this mission a tremendous amount in order to work well for the Tomcat. Learn about how to select way points, DP, IP and STs prior to flying this or you'll be frustrated!

The order of navigation is:

1. Take off, go direct WP 1.

2. After WP 1, fly heading 020

3. Tank with ARCO 11 (TACAN 31X) if you want.

4. Push point is WP2. Push at 16:45

5. Ingress is WP3.

6. After WP3, go direct to the IP.

7. After IP, go to ST (Surface Target)

8. After bombing, fly heading 030 for egress.

9. Once you get to the other side of the mountains, go to WP2 (make sure to avoid R4808).

10. Once cleared by Alleycat, proceed direct APEX (The DP)

11. Nellis is Home Base

Good Luck!

NEW%20title%20jpg.jpg

REDFLAG%20TOMCAT%20MAP%20JPG.jpg

Looking good as usual, can´t wait to be more proficient on the Cat to test it.

Thank you

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

OK, the crash happened again but this time earlier, shortly after PUSH. Interestingly, I did not get the "Send to ED" dialog that was mentioned in the newsletter (I did update today). DCS just exited.

Somehow I doubt this is related to the mission but I will send you the log file by PM.

EDIT: I could not figure out how to send file by PM so I am attaching it here, since it's not big.

dcs.zip

Edited by bolek

Holy! This is more immersive than anything I saw in DCS missions/campaigns so far! Great work, buddy! Especially the radio traffic. Do a campaign and go sell it.

I am not yet good enough for the successful attack but when I do... give some donation info meanwhile.

I had a crash, too, while getting back to HB after messing around the tanker.

Bugs?

- Some VOs mention waypoints 5 or 6.

- The clock in the aircraft starts at 8 (like the mission time) but briefing mentions 1645 push time.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hey Draconus!

Thanks for the great feedback! I tried to make it as immersive and realistic as possible, and I think it worked!

I’ll have another run through of the voice overs, I had thought I got them all, but obviously not yet. Thanks!

As for the time, the time is in Zulu. So, 08:45 is 16:45Z. The Hornet clock defaults to Zulu time, but I guess the Tomcat clock shows local.

Just an FYI, I’m currently constructing a new campaign for the Hornet on the Persian Gulf Map. Should be good!

As for the time, the time is in Zulu. So, 08:45 is 16:45Z. The Hornet clock defaults to Zulu time, but I guess the Tomcat clock shows local.

Just an FYI, I’m currently constructing a new campaign for the Hornet on the Persian Gulf Map. Should be good!

I had a hunch it was about the time zones. Good luck on the new campaign!

Maybe today's patch will resolve the crashing issue.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for the kind words, Entropy! I really enjoyed making this mission, and I'm really glad people are liking it.

just.. WOW!!

flew this piece of art mission yesterday, that was a lot of fun!! holy shit that ingress was intense with all those things going on at the same time with CAP and SEAD flights around you. Truly awesome experience thank you so much for making it, Sedlo o7

Just an FYI, I've updated the mission slightly to fix the wrong voice overs that played when declining to refuel. Plus, I've tweaked some triggers and zones, plus adjusted a few other things.

• 1 month later...

Just gave this mission another spin, very nice, as usual. I flew the Hornet version this weekend, but tonight was in a 80s mood ;)

Bombs may have a wrong fuze, they went out but didn´t explode. I will check the replay tomorrow.

Thank you for your work.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

My bombs detonate but I think Mk82s are a little too weak for the target, esp. when you're ordered with only one pass. I made a training mission for myself with the same command centers and it takes usually at least two good hits.

v1.12. On the way to the tanker between wypt 1 and 2 one of the VOs still mention waypoints 5 and 6.

• 4 months later...

i was attempting to play the mission however i could not communicate with my wing man or the tanker. i turned the radios to the proper frequencies, even watched a video of someone playing it. when attempting to give commands to wing man or ask tanker for intent to fuel it would not work in any way.

Are you using the correct keybinds for the different radios? The "" key won't work once airborne.

i was attempting to play the mission however i could not communicate with my wing man or the tanker. i turned the radios to the proper frequencies, even watched a video of someone playing it. when attempting to give commands to wing man or ask tanker for intent to fuel it would not work in any way.

• 5 months later...

Sedlo's F-14 Red Flag Mission Updated to version 2.01!

Hi Folks!

I've updated the mission to version 2.01, which takes advantage of the changes Heatblur made with DCS version DCS 2.5.6.45317 and above. Unfortunate, but this means it only works with the Open Beta released March 20, 2020 and later. The good news is the mission is better than before.

TITLEPSD2.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303927/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sedlo, flew your Red Flag missions and atmosphere is awesome. Thanks a lot. Just two nitpicks:

* There is no clear indication of Tanker frequency anywhere

* All says mission push starts at 16:45 but actual mission starts at 8:00 and push at 8:45. I am missing something? There is something like Zulu time or whatever?

Yes, you're right, the time mentioned is ZULU time, so it's 8 hours ahead of the local Las Vegas time.

And yes, there is no written mention of the tanker freq, but Alleycat should tell you to push to the correct frequency when you're close. Is that voice over working for you? (I've had some issues with voice overs not always triggering properly)

Unfortunately no, Alleycat only said tacan channel. Also discovered tanker ops are somewhat bugged. I got notification that after finished tanker I need to announce it to Alleycat via F10 menu but at that time there is no any Other menu under F10.