Help with Take Off and landing

I think the "bars" of which they speak are the ridges on the trim wheel itself. Also, I moved the wheel from stop (-4) to stop (+4) and I believe the total movement was two full revolutions from stop to stop, not from the arrow's middle position to the extreme end. One clockwise revolution takes you from -4 to 0 on the indicator, and one clockwise revolution takes you from 0 to +4. So neutral would be two ridges clockwise from the center position of the trim wheel and the indicator still indicates 0.

I don't quite buy the ridges concept, as there are no markngs either on the wheel or on the pit panel to adjust relative positions to (just like in the Mustang for example). Thanks for poiting out the revolutions part, though, I haven't given it any attention previously, but it only indicates the manual now contradicts itself too :D. Wherever the "zero" point is, there are indeed only two full revs stop to stop available for us.

Unless Yo-Yo jumps in this thread and clears things up we won't be able to figure it out.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

That is exactly what I said, because that is precisely how they work. You deflect the trim tab, which in turn changes the chord line of the elevator, which changes its AoA and Cy, and thus increases or decreases lift on the elevator, in order to help the pilot deflect it one way or the other.

Exactly. And how do they do that? They way I described. I didn't say anything about the wings producing more lift, that's nonsense. (well ,very indirectly: trim tab goes down, that makes the elevator go up, which decreases the AoA of the horizontal stabilizer, which makes the tail go down, which increases AoA of the wings, and therefore more lift is generated on the wings, but we're not talking about that, are we?) Lift isn't generated only on the wings of an aircraft, and lift doesn't always "point upwards" as many people imagine.

My reply was to King Cobra who made the statement about the wings producing more lift. My response to you was regarding the first sentence of your second paragraph. I stand by my correction. again, my apologies to the OP for assisting in hijacking his thread.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1