FAQ for F-15 AFM Development

cofcorpse

1 hour ago, gortex said:

There is no need to argue it anymore.  The Eagle can break from over g now, and there is no going back.  Immediate structural failure might not be typical (both for the F-15 and other jets) but, within the confines of the damage model, something had to be done to reward good flying and punish bad flying.

Funny that no one is still trying to muddy the water about g limits in the Hornet and Viper forums.  I wonder why?

Anyway, it is time to move on.

Personally I think they should have gone the g-loc path. Gray out starts when you exceed the g-limit; total g-loc at 10% over. Just chalk it up to out of shape pilots. But make it an option for the server admin to choose or not. 

Edited by Cab
Added detail

GLOC is a completely different part of the simulation with completely different behavior.   Some airframes will break before you ever have a chance at GLOC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

2 hours ago, gortex said:

There is no need to argue it anymore.  The Eagle can break from over g now, and there is no going back.  

Anyway, it is time to move on.

That is awesome. I had no idea that the DM was updated. Nothing to argue here, I agree.

• Like 2

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Installed the latest Open Beta version, and truth to be told I didn't manage to brake any wings in the F-15 yet, like somebody mentioned already ?

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

48 minutes ago, gortex said:

Accelerate to 500 knots.  Then, abruptly move the stick fully aft like you're trying to black out.  

I'll give it another try then...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 7 months later...

@cofcorpsequestion for you or anyone on the ED team. How is pitch CAS and the stick force sensor implemented?

Where in the travel of the stick is the stick force sensor being applied?

I may have a bug report related to how AOA and this system works. I believe it is related to where in the travel of the controls the stick force sensor is having pressure put on it, assuming you are modelling it as a discrete part of the input.

Just trying to ascertain how this is implemented before I post a bug report.

Edited by KlarSnow