Development Update September 2015

Ells228

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear of Gibbage's addition to the team. Does anyone have a list of the airframes he worked on in the Il-2 days? Time to cross-check with the VEAO roadmap ;)

I remember he worked on the Spitfire, Ki-43 and P-38 among other things.

Spit

Ki-43

P-38

Pby Catalina

Go-229

P-80

Cw-21b

I also ran the 3rd party aircraft group and assisted in many other aircraft like the F4u, P-40, and many many others. I also worked at Microsoft on Fs11 and Flight, and many Fsx 3rd party aircraft from Milviz and many others.

Needless to say, I eat sleep and breathe aircraft ;) This is my hobby, my passion, and the flexibility and advanced features really gives me the ability to model these aircraft to a level of detail that was unthinkable even just a year ago. I wish I could show off my work, but that's not my job! Chris gets that pleasure.

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Spit

Ki-43

P-38

Pby Catalina

Go-229

P-80

Cw-21b

I also ran the 3rd party aircraft group and assisted in many other aircraft like the F4u, P-40, and many many others. I also worked at Microsoft on Fs11 and Flight, and many Fsx 3rd party aircraft from Milviz and many others.

Needless to say, I eat sleep and breathe aircraft ;) This is my hobby, my passion, and the flexibility and advanced features really gives me the ability to model these aircraft to a level of detail that was unthinkable even just a year ago. I wish I could show off my work, but that's not my job! Chris gets that pleasure.

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Holy schmollies! That's quite the resume you've got there. Very impressive.

I'm glad you're bringing us something new and exciting!

i apprieciate the humble and sincere update.

im not in a rush.. ill be happy when the beefy updates to this plane are done by the time oculus rift is release early next year,

for now i am just waiting, not only on this, but for dcs world 2, aircraft from other 3rd parties, etc..

so take your time, and make it right.

i am excited to hear that multiseat is a big possiblity to the hawk !!!! :) :) :)

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i am excited to hear that multiseat is a big possiblity to the hawk !!!! :) :) :)

Did we read the same post?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks Ells!

Any news on proper weapons for the Hawk? I'd love to try out that 30mm Aden pod! :)

I have the file from the modeler to implement, afraid it's down on my list right now as I'm bug smashing.

I have to import the model, texture it for every skin (unless we do a generic one) and then code it to work in DCS, I.e. fire it. No ETA right now but they are being worked on.

Thanks for the update Ells. I know that it couldn't have felt too comfortable airing some of those problems. Looking forward to seeing some of Gibbage's work. I thoroughly enjoyed his work at IL-2 - and still am!!

Bummer about the back seat, but hey, that's just the way it goes sometimes. Thanks again for the news.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spit

Ki-43

P-38

Pby Catalina

Go-229

P-80

Cw-21b

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Very impressive list of aircraft! Nice diversity as well! Four of them that I would love to see in DCS! Good luck Gibbage and VEAO!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

a little sad story. No dates, just promises. Hope the P-40 will be ready this year. I burned my fingers with the c-101 and hope that I won't burn them again with the P-40.

question: Why no ingame flying videos when it's only the suspension that's not working right?

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

It's always good to know what's going on, regardless of it beeing good or bad news. I know you guys do your best and I'm really looking forward to the stuff to come (Eurofighter... can't wait... :joystick:). :D

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

a little sad story. No dates, just promises. Hope the P-40 will be ready this year. I burned my fingers with the c-101 and hope that I won't burn them again with the P-40.

question: Why no ingame flying videos when it's only the suspension that's not working right?

Sorry to say this but eehm, you bought known BETA products and expect them to be airworthy?

Did you pre-order the P40 already and if so, do you expect that Beta P40 to be totally ready?

Beta is about testing, getting the bugs ironed out and not to enjoy and criticize the beta state of the product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

not quite. But pre order with a "soon" should stay with "soon"

If you need money, run a kickstarter. One month delay, no big deal. Two is still ok. But don't go like avio and... What is it by now? 6 month delay and no progress at all?

and yes, I expect open beta to be close to complete. Otherwise call it open alpha :smilewink:

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Sorry to say this but eehm, you bought known BETA products and expect them to be airworthy?

Did you pre-order the P40 already and if so, do you expect that Beta P40 to be totally ready?

Beta is about testing, getting the bugs ironed out and not to enjoy and criticize the beta state of the product.

Sure but Hawk and 101 haven't a realistic physic, full keybindings, working electronics and so on... so what should I testing? The 3D model? It works fine :smilewink:

That's is a PRE-ALPHA module.

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Definitely some disappointing news about the delays and especially about the Hawk multi-crew cockpit. Indeed, that is a real shame for a trainer aircraft! However, I'm sure nobody is more disappointed about it than you and the VEAO team.

I really do appreciate and respect the honest and detailed update you provided. Thanks for that Chris.

If you read some of the earlier threads, you will see that VEAO have adopted a policy of not releasing images due to past run-ins with the forum. We don't get them because we can't help but snipe. Sad, but inevitable I am afraid.