More infos on jf17 fuel?

-P51DMustang-

26 minutes ago, BigBorner said:

Why did they stop working on it except some bugfixing here and there?

Shift of focus to the new J-8PP module ? As far I know only thing missing is the weather radar but they need to wait for ED to finish their clouds.

• Like 2

My skins

28 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Shift of focus to the new J-8PP module ? As far I know only thing missing is the weather radar but they need to wait for ED to finish their clouds.

Why do you shift your focus to a new module if the "old" one is not finished? Especially if you tell people that the Module is considered "stable" by the devs? 

FPAS Page is also missing. TPOD, SPI and AG Radar logic is broken. There is no english manual from Deka, without chuck and web translations the Jeff wouldnt be usable for non-chinese speakers. The last time something added to the "early access" jeff was almost 2 years ago some new weapons. And if you ask if promised features are still planned at all - you dont even get an answer. Honestly - how should one defend that? Its not okay. 

42 minutes ago, BigBorner said:

how should one defend that?

Deka is a small team and if they can fix the one or other issue depends on ED.

the Jeff wouldnt be usable for non-chinese speakers.

Not true. I was there from day 1 when we didn't had Youtuber tutorials, Chucksguide or even the official chinese manual.

And if you ask if promised features are still planned at all - you dont even get an answer.

They come when they come. JF-17 was far more feature completed than any other recent module release without any major bugs. F/A-18 and F-16 for example are "stable" too but yet not feature completed.

Its not okay. 

Its the status quo for all DCS developers.

PS:

TPOD, SPI and AG Radar logic is broken.

PPS:

Why do you shift your focus to a new module if the "old" one is not finished?

To get a new module sooner to generate more money

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My skins

I have a feeling that this topic goes outside of the intended context, still few of my observations both positive and negative on the state of JF-17.

1 hour ago, BigBorner said:

The last time something added to the "early access" jeff was almost 2 years ago some new weapons.

there was an attempt for Deka last year to introduce the SD-10 with amraam API. It was an experiment that resulted in PL-12, which we currently use in some of the servers.

Clearly Deka is working on this and we can see that they are preparing to update the A-G bombs.

I assume this is still work in progress.

48 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

JF-17 was far more feature completed than any other recent module release without any major bugs.

I as a newbie to JF-17 do enjoy it, and can actually thank to you for finally trying it out (I was very, very skeptical before), however there are bugs and I have the feeling that 2.9 changes might have disrupted many of the A-G weapons, e.g. glide bombs do have accuracy issues and non functional features. May I suggest you look at the list of active bugs for JF-17? (namely one related to glide bombs). Your experience would be very precious since you were there from the very beginning.

• Like 1

why not finish the first module if the team is so small and there arent enough ressources for 2 modules? jeff is one of the most expensive modules without to much participation in sales. 

why is "youll figure it out. gl hf" an acceptable approach to a manual / module? 

F_16 and 18, F15 and apache, too are actively worked on. jeff just isnt. 2 years since the last addition of anything except liveries. so its either finished or abandoned except minor lua changes (and only if the cummunity delivers the solution. and even then noone bothers to check if the same fix is needed somewhere else). but well never know, because there is absolutely no community engagement except random comments without any info what to expect. yeah, its nice that uboats wants to check issues now, that persist since the initial spi logic "update". 

2 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I have a feeling that this topic goes outside of the intended context, still few of my observations both positive and negative on the state of JF-17.

there was an attempt for Deka last year to introduce the SD-10 with amraam API. It was an experiment that resulted in PL-12, which we currently use in some of the servers.

Clearly Deka is working on this and we can see that they are preparing to update the A-G bombs.

I assume this is still work in progress.

I as a newbie to JF-17 do enjoy it, and can actually thank to you for finally trying it out (I was very, very skeptical before), however there are bugs and I have the feeling that 2.9 changes might have disrupted many of the A-G weapons, e.g. glide bombs do have accuracy issues and non functional features. May I suggest you look at the list of active bugs for JF-17? (namely one related to glide bombs). Your experience would be very precious since you were there from the very beginning.

PL12 is just a lua hack to test SD10 with amraam scheme. nothing more.

they are doing nothing on any weapons. just waiting until they get all under EDs umbrella. thats it. 

I suggest we leave this topic alone for now if there is nothing to contribute to it. Other issues/feature requests you can report in Bugs session or as separate topics.

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBorner said:

why not finish the first module if the team is so small and there arent enough ressources for 2 modules? jeff is one of the most expensive modules without to much participation in sales. 

why is "youll figure it out. gl hf" an acceptable approach to a manual / module? 

F_16 and 18, F15 and apache, too are actively worked on. jeff just isnt. 2 years since the last addition of anything except liveries. so its either finished or abandoned except minor lua changes (and only if the cummunity delivers the solution. and even then noone bothers to check if the same fix is needed somewhere else). but well never know, because there is absolutely no community engagement except random comments without any info what to expect. yeah, its nice that uboats wants to check issues now, that persist since the initial spi logic "update". 

PL12 is just a lua hack to test SD10 with amraam scheme. nothing more.

they are doing nothing on any weapons. just waiting until they get all under EDs umbrella. thats it. 

+1, even SEAD can't be done actually with JF-17

I have JF-17 since day 1 (it's my only modern fighter), and i am very disappoint since some months because of inacuracy of weapons.
I can't enjoy and play this bird anymore, too bad.

Edited by sylkhan

25 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I suggest we leave this topic alone for now if there is nothing to contribute to it. Other issues/feature requests you can report in Bugs session or as separate topics.

Of course there would be something to contribute for it. Like - an answer to the request if the promised feature will happen or not. And when. That’s the main issue here. No meaningful communication at all. 

• 5 weeks later...

Jeff could do SEAD. In fact, it was pretty good at it. You must keep the emitter emitting, otherwise it WILL miss.

Glide bombs were always a problem in DCS AFAIR. They either flew too far or got destroyed by enemy ground units while still in flight.

I haven't tried the BRM-1 lately, but the last time I flew they worked.

Missiles are very much a WIP on ED's side, and that affects ALL aircraft, not just the Jeff. For those new to DCS/JF-17, when the Jeff got released everyone** thought the SD-10 was over-modelled. The arguments became so severe that ED took over all weapons. They then released the F-16C and the -16 went up against the -17, and all the F-16 pilots were complaining the AIM-120 wasn't good enough/the SD-10 was too OP. Well...here we are.

None of the missiles are accurate, for anything. About the only things that are correct are the range and maximum speed.

** everyone = pilots flying against the Jeff who thought they should automatically win. It influenced my forum signature. 🙂

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."