This video said everything !

Pâte

Not my video, but ED if you could watch it and listen it it would be moooooooore than welcome.

This guy said with clear explanation what a lot of people here are saying since YEARS, and we are dying to you listen to us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Hi all

Nineline and I have had a conversation with our boss about this video, we have agreed there is lots in the video that made sense and we agreed with.

The team have listened and taken on board all of the feedback ( good and bad ) from the community so we hope that you will see improvement in the future, we will of course pass on any news in our newsletters as usual.

thanks for your support

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

Nineline and I have had a conversation with our boss about this video, we have agreed there is lots in the video that made sense and we agreed with.

The team have listened and taken on board all of the feedback ( good and bad ) from the community so we hope that you will see improvement in the future, we will of course pass on any news in our newsletters as usual.

thanks for your support

Like OttoPus BIGNEWY your response is giving a piece of hope. But to be really honest,it's half hope.

With years of frustration stacking, reaching and overshooting the level of enjoyment that DCS provide, i came to the same point as X-CHECK. I will hold back and stop investing any money in DCS until i see concrete progress and not more promises. It's a love hate relation. And unfortunately, i don't intend to be harsh at all, but i wish more people will follow. Change are required, DCS A-10C was released back in 2011. We are now in 2019. It's urgent.

If you prove me in the following months, year, that ED understood the angry raising voice within the community, i will be more than happy to help again by putting money into. DCS still being outstanding on many aspects, and this simulator deserve to live and prosper further more. There is potential.

But let's be clear now to avoid disappointment in a near futur, if fixing the coregame and having the promised features years ago turn out to be having to pay DLC's, it will be (at least for me) the end of the story. I understand that dev need money, but you placed yourself in the current situation. Maybe reconsidering the F2P is something to look at.

Wishing you guys the best and looking foward to see those improvement/corrections.

Edited by Pâte

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I second.

Don't know what else to say... The video basically said it all. I just feel obliged to support it, as my contribution of 2 cents...

Thanks for BIGNEWY's comment. Wish the team behind do take it as seriously.

Just a bit of personal journey with DCS so far... feel free to ignore it...

I know DCS for quite a while, though not as long as a lot of seasoned community members. But throughout the past one year's intensive game play, my feeling about DCS has changed from curious, to interested, to love, to confuse, to questioning and eventually a bit dry and sad.

While I become more competent in flying a variety of planes, become more capable of carrying most kinds of sorties and get all the needed nearly-top-end hardware, I found there's no decent content for me to enjoy, while all the bugs and incomplete systems only making the rest of the game play frustrating.

I start to spent more time else where, as I know there won't be much meaningful update here in DCS other than bug fixing (and introducing old or new bugs at the same time) and complete those incomplete basic feature that are supposed to be complete from day one... Why bother, I ask myself...

It's like you finally get a shinny tool that you love from childhood, but only find out there's no place to actually use it, and the tool isn't working that well in most occasions although it does get improvement over a prolonged period of time while you can't really see its completion... But when you look back to the company making this tool, they are now busy with producing another tool, because it is believed to be the only way of making money... Now instead of having one incomplete tool to complete, there are two...

Well, I know its just whining, but I do sincerely hope ED can get all these issue solved in a timely manner, because I love this hobby, and hope I don't have to go to alternatives should that day come. Please let me know that I did put my trust (and money) on the right company that actually delivers.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

• ED Team
Like OttoPus BIGNEWY your response is giving a piece of hope. But to be really honest,it's half hope.

With years of frustration stacking, reaching and overshooting the level of enjoyment that DCS provide, i came to the same point as X-CHECK. I will hold back and stop investing any money in DCS until i see concrete progress and not more promises. It's a love hate relation. And unfortunately, i don't intend to be harsh at all, but i wish more people will follow. Change are required, DCS A-10C was released back in 2011. We are now in 2019. It's urgent.

If you prove me in the following months, year, that ED understood the angry raising voice within the community, i will be more than happy to help again by putting money into. DCS still being outstanding on many aspects, and this simulator deserve to live and prosper further more. There is potential.

But let's be clear now to avoid disappointment in a near futur, if fixing the coregame and having the promised features years ago turn out to be having to pay DLC, it will be (at least for me) the end of the story. I understand that dev need money, but you placed yourself in the current situation.

Wishing you guys the best and looking foward to see those improvement/corrections.

We will all have to be patient as you mention, change does not happen overnight, hopefully in the coming months or year you will see the change that gives you hope.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it explains in a very polite way
Not really. When you describe features as a "joke", I wouldn't call that polite. There's a way to critique without being offensive and hyperbolic.

Not to say he didn't make some valid points but the delivery certainly sounded like he had a personal axe to grind.

A very-well-done video that hits just the right notes expressing the love-hate experience that is DCS .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• ED Team
Not really. When you describe features as a "joke", I wouldn't call that polite. There's a way to critique without being offensive and hyperbolic.

Not to say he didn't make some valid points but the delivery certainly sounded like he had a personal axe to grind.

I agree the video does make some valid points, but we have only ever asked for mature and constructive feedback. If you cant find negative opinions on the forum you are not looking very hard, and certainly people don't get banned from them.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well it is his personal point of view, and he's not making a personal attack to the team. Yes, he could express that sentiment saying something like:

"the fact that this feature is being advertised like that, and in reality it's currently in this status makes me feel like they are making fun of me [a.k.a. joke]"

But this is a poor and not very concise way of communication.

To me is still a polite way of making clear his sentiment, despite the contracted fashion.

I must admit that viewing that video saddened me. DCS have a lot of lacking features and problems, but I can't remember all of them until I see in the video.

Usually one day I miss a thing, another day I cry for a long time unfixed bug, another day I rage with the state of a module ( F-16, I wasn't expecting that earliest state ), but when somebody reminds all of the problems at the same time.. it hurts.

It makes me pessimistic about DCS and my investment on it ( I checked it just now and I'm near the 1500 $ expended on modules,maps and campaigns ). But as the video says sadly there isn't any other competitor right now..

Hi all

thanks for your support

thanks buddy, appreciate you sharing. Including the internal discussion too. I tend to focus on the positive aspects of things and your post and keeping this here is appreciated. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Most things mentioned in the video I don't really care about. The only thing I miss is proper weather and night lighting. Both are essential for a simulator which revolves around flying. Sure, it's combat flight but flying nonetheless.

But hey. I'm not really one who complains, I'm fairly easy going when it comes to bugs. Besides, there's enough of complaining and hate already.

Since I (and many others I imagine) dreamt about flying fighter jets as a young boy, now with DCS in VR I can! So I won't be going anywhere, and keep on waiting patiently for updates and such. Although as I said, I hope the weather and night lighting (lighting in general) will be the first features being addressed.

That said. Thank you ED! Keep on going! :)

He is polite, and very constructive.

Words are strong because he is speaking with his feeling and hearth, on problems that are as strong. Saying for exemple that the weather system is a joke is not an hyperbol, it's the truth. As said, a love hate relation.

Years of raising bugs/problems with the feeling of not being listened, and the community having to work themself to create features that should be part of the game core ... etc ... at a point you use strong words.

But again let's see the futur. If ED follow the path BIGNEWY spoke about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree the video does make some valid points, but we have only ever asked for mature and constructive feedback. If you cant find negative opinions on the forum you are not looking very hard, and certainly people don't get banned from them.

Don't get me wrong, it's improving currently. But yes i know many people and myself that saw topics / comments / chat, being removed / ignored when arguing against ED choices

Edited by Pâte

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for posting the link.

The vid seems nicely done, but I had to rage quit when the guy complained that the free DCS World doesn't even allow Air-to-Air combat and was limited to a ground-pounder and an unarmed trainer only.

Sorry, but that is just the most ludicrous thing to complain about, I really don't care what other conclusions the guy draws afterwards.

Anyway, it's good to know that the ED team are more resistant to those remarks and actually try to improve the game based on the more valid criticism.

Thanks for posting the link.

The vid seems nicely done, but I had to rage quit when the guy complained that the free DCS World doesn't even allow Air-to-Air combat and was limited to a ground-pounder and an unarmed trainer only.

Sorry, but that is just the most ludicrous thing to complain about, I really don't care what other conclusions the guy draws afterwards.

Anyway, it's good to know that the ED team are more resistant to those remarks and actually try to improve the game based on the more valid criticism.

Yeah , i had to disagree with those remarks as well . But i did find a lot to agree with otherwise .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• ED Team
Don't get me wrong, it's improving currently. But yes i know many people and myself that saw topics / comments / chat, being removed / ignored when arguing against ED choices

Nothing gets removed unless it goes against forums rules, concerns over ED choices is not against rules, if you feel you have had something removed in error, then please PM me or someone else on the team, that is the way it should be.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
He is polite, and very constructive.

Words are strong because he is speaking with his feeling and hearth, on problems that are as strong. Saying for exemple that the weather system is a joke is not an hyperbol, it's the truth. As said, a love hate relation.

Years of raising bugs/problems with the feeling of not being listened, and the community having to work themself to create features that should be part of the game core ... etc ... at a point you use strong words.

But again let's see the futur. If ED follow the path BIGNEWY spoke about.

Saying the weather system is a joke is not helpful, saying the weather system could be improved, then describing what you want to see in those improvements is much more helpful, and much easier for me to convey to the team.

64Sig.png

Hi all

thanks for your support

I don't necessarily agree with X-CHECK about some things in that video but he made some important points that ED needs to look at. But I take that video as constructive criticism. Also, thanks for listening to the community, that's always important. :)

Also, what Yurgon said.

Overall a good video, imo. Agree with most points in principle. Some words were slightly harsh, but as a blunt man myself it was pretty mild and didn't veer into ''attacks'' or ''whining''.

I really liked the history lesson, btw. Interesting seeing the ''through the years'' aspect =) I also agree the lack of true competition eliminates the sense of urgency that should really be applied to some things.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2