When is the next stable?

lwalter

I did a search on this forum but didn't find information about when the next stable will be released.

It seems like ages since I preordered the F16, then read it was available... but only on beta.

I'm now thinking of installing beta, but it's a large download, I would have to delete my stable (hard drive getting full) and if the stable comes soon, I would better just wait.

Is it always like this with pre-ordered planes?

It seemed I could access the F14 on stable as soon as it was released, but I'm not sure anymore now.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• ED Team

We are planning a Friday stable update, if all goes to plan.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We are planning a Friday stable update, if all goes to plan.

thanks

Thank you! That would be awesome. I can't wait for Friday now ;-)

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

You don't have to "delete" anything. You can switch seamlessly back and forth between the two, even if you're using Steam. All your settings carry over, btw.

Except when beta breaks, like it did in the past, you don't want to switch branches just out of precaution, IDK what it does whether it really copies and overwrites, or it just "switches" if it sees existing configs for the release version. You could get away with it by manual managing things, but that's probably why this isn't officially supported AFAIK because of that risk.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Is it possible for an update to be bad, or a download corrupted? Yes. Regardless, I have switched back and forth a dozen times without incident. You can also perform a cleaning to remove tidbits in between the switch. As for ''official support''... it's ED's own utilities built in functions. How much ''officialdom'' do you need? Point is you can switch without issue barring a fluke or user incompetence.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Is it possible for an update to be bad, or a download corrupted? Yes. Regardless, I have switched back and forth a dozen times without incident. You can also perform a cleaning to remove tidbits in between the switch. As for ''official support''... it's ED's own utilities built in functions. How much ''officialdom'' do you need? Point is you can switch without issue barring a fluke or user incompetence.

You are right of course.

But if you don't play multiplayer,i really see no reason to switch from stable to open beta,other than impatience and purchase of the newest module.

On the other hand if you use it(open beta),you are helping ED to find and squash bugs by your inputs in the forums as unofficial beta tester.

I understand both of your points.

But if you don't play multiplayer,i really see no reason to switch from stable to open beta,other than impatience and purchase of the newest module.

One reason is to get bug fixes earlier (which comes down to being impatient again).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

One reason is to get bug fixes earlier (which comes down to being impatient again).

:thumbup: Yes i have said so;not directly though.

On the other hand if you use it(open beta),you are helping ED to find and squash bugs by your inputs in the forums as unofficial beta tester.

I will switch back to release on Friday i guess.

Open beta on JF 17 release..there's that impatience again:pilotfly: