BS "protect.exe" error

zorlac

Hi all

Using a 1C purchased RU version, and has been working fine for a few days. Then I try messing with the multihead options to move the Shkval and ABRIS onto second screens, and it died horribly.

Now the "simulation" part wont fire up. The launcher is fine, but when I load a mission, a track or even just instant action, DCS.exe is running but crashes with the following on screen alert. The temp folder only has an empty error.log file.

bs-protect-error.gif

I used backup copies of the files I changed, and still nothing worked. I have removed BS, rebooted, reinstalled (it didnt ask for activation again), and still not happy. All screen config files are back at default, nothing remains of my multihead disaster :)

Anyone got any wild ideas? Howabout uninstalling and reinstalling the StarForce drivers (its a "protect.exe" based error, so thats probably a good bet), but how should I do that, and will that affect my LO:FC installation (DVD)?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Edited by zorlac

protect.exe say v5.6.something, and yet when I run it, it doesnt show me the top section of driver managment options on that page. It shows the bottom two, and trying them hasnt helped at all.

Any other way of getting SF uninstalled that you are aware of?