F-15 radar elevation scan speed

ScEBlack1

Hello all, i would like to know of a way to slow down my Radar elevation scan for the eagle, this is not about my TDC speed which is fine it is about my elevation scan. I have it set on my saitek x52 pov hat 1, to scan radar elevation up and down, i believe it is like shift; and shift., i could be wrong but it is something with shift so is there a way to slow this down a bit, it jumps to high elevation at times and need it more smooth. How do people have it set to or do you set it to a different button on your joystick to get a better input? thanks all

Could someone send me a profile of theres with this set so i can set mine that way, again it is not the tdc speed but radar elevation speed, thanks.

Hi Jessi,

I use the Slider axis on my X52 throttle to control Scan elevation...this is an absolute axis, and so, as long as I can be fine on the slider, the scan elevation is nice and fine as well.

In Inputs select the X52 device with the axis you want to use, and change the drop down to "Axis"..this will list all of the available cockpit functions that can be assigned to an axis.

Radar elevation is one of those items. (can't remember exactly what it is called, but it should be obvious)

Alternatively you "could" use the small rotator (vertical) , though I find this much much harder to get fine control on than the slider (I currently use it for "set expected range")

hope this Helps!

Nem

I prefer the small rotator myself, since you get tactile feedback when it hits the center position. This gives you a physical cue as to where you're pointing the radar.

The slider I use for the zoom axis, paired with mouselook.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD