description.lua confusion for F-5E

Sarah

I am having significant problems applying my skins to the F5 due to the dynamic numbers still being overlaid on my skins. The skins are visible for nose, tail, rude, and wing files, so that's working fine, however the dunamic numbering, specifically on the nose and rude are being splattered all over my lovely paint.

Can someone provide a list of the part and face numbers I need to specify in the lua to control what is, and isn't, displayed on this plane please? Yes, everything, including skins layers and part names :)

Right now, the skins are displayed using :

{"F-5E3_nose", 0 , "<user file name for nose skin>", false};

etc for nose, tail, rude, and wing

whats the trick for these positional parameters and part names for this specific aircraft to prevent "corruption" by dynamic overlays?

if anyone wants to see my description.lua and dds files so they can try and emulate the problem, just let me know and I will zip em up here.

This is section of the description for the Southeast Asia livery.

{"F-5E3_bort_number_nose_10", 0 ,"f-5e3_nose_southeast_asia",false};
{"F-5E3_bort_number_nose_10", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"F-5E3_bort_number_nose_10A", 0 ,"f-5e3_nose_southeast_asia",false};
{"F-5E3_bort_number_nose_10A", DECAL ,"f-5e3_number_red",false};

So for each dynamic number there needs to be 2 entries.

1. For the background texture that will be used.

2. Information on the number itself.

In the above example it is using the texture ""f-5e3_nose_southeast_asia" as the background texture for both overlays. Without it you will just see a missing texture over where-ever the number is to be displayed.

The "empty" texture is simply a 100% alpha texture with nothing on it, you'd use that to define any part of the aircraft texture you don't want to be displayed. The "f-5e3_number_red" is the texture being used to define the number.

Hope that clears things up. Check the following forum section for other questions and answers you might have since it is dedicated to making liveries. https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=356

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...