Viviane black screen

ams999

Hi,

with today's open beta (2.5.1), the Viviane screen stays black for me. I see the reticle, the turn indication (G/D001 etc.) and the diamond for firing. Also, I can fire and steer HOTs. But I don't see the camera picture...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I need MSAA off, I'm afraid, as it impacts FPS for me

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Known Issues

The some radio points in the radio menu is broken: Ка-50 do not works request to night goggles and helmet sight, Bf 109 do not work request for inertial starter.

Maverick picture on A-10A MFD is corrupted.

The names of cities on F10 map broken when map moved or zoomed.

SA342 TV sight is inoperative.

If you read to the very end of the change log you'll see this.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Ah OK, thank you!

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

What happens is : if you change your MSAA setting the game is unable to set it correctly. As a result you get a black screen.

What I do here : I set my MSAA setting and I quit the game, I restart the game and everything works.

It should be corrected in a next update.

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

What happens is : if you change your MSAA setting the game is unable to set it correctly. As a result you get a black screen.

What I do here : I set my MSAA setting and I quit the game, I restart the game and everything works.

It should be corrected in a next update.

I fallow your steps but I'm still getting black screen :(

Can anyone confirm Pat01's solution works please ?

S!

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Any chance for some workaround or we need to patiently wait until next update to come ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the same problem with MSAA off and on.

Viviane always shows no picture but does how the overlays of target scope, etc.

Surprised not alot of comments from others with the same?

EDIT: v bugger. Hope update is out soon.

Edited by _Dredd
Didn't RTFReleaseNotes :)

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Guess that's because it's a known problem? I only started this thread because I only read the release notes for the Gazelle and not to the end ;)

Can anybody confirm it works after the latest patch please ? I'm on a train in the next few hours ;)

Yeah also concerned it is not in the changelog as I really hoping to fly the gazelle again as A2G.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Just update your DCS then check yourself then tell us if it's fixed or not Jacks :D

I will when I get home.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I will when I get home.

:thumbup:

Don't want to ruin your day guys but it doesn't seem so.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah...

Incredible that they did not include a fix.

I wonder at what level comms between 3rd party developers and ED are :mad:

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

This must be some kind of very bad joke ... :mad:

I'm sure there will be a perfectly good reason why the broken primary feature of the main variant of this non-beta module has not been fixed.

Hopefully Polychop will enlighten us!

Edited by epoch